Margaret Lake Trail

Margaret Lake Trail is a 5.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Easton, WA that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

5.4 miles 1973 feet Out & Back

beach

From Seattle, E on I-90 to exit 54. Left off freeway for .3 miles. Right on FSR 4832 for 5 miles. Left on FSR 4934 for .5 miles to parking area. Trailhead is a short walk down FSR 4934

Trail starts out following a service road, but climbs to some pretty spectacular views of the Alpine Lakes Wilderness. The lake is pretty and deep enough for a good summer swim.

Very steep!!! Next day my whole is sore. I guess I'm still a rookie at hiking. But when me and my buddy finally made it to the top and down to Margaret Lake, it was worth it. Beautiful crystal clear waters with fish jumping every minute. kinda cool! Would not do it again. It's rated Moderate. I rate it Difficult and intense. It's a little tricky finding the right trails to the lake so pay close attention. Good luck!

It was a great hike! More steep than I expected, but very manageable. It took me around 3 hours total, with a short break for lunch at the lake. The lake is gorgeous, l was surprised to see many fish jumping & it was crystal clear. Can't wait to bring friends back to this place!

Beautiful scenery! The snow was easy to navigate.

The beginning of this trail is very rocky with loose gravel so it's easy to slip. Polls are useful on this hike. Right now it's really dusty and dry. When you reach the peak it's 1900 feet then you have to descend another 300 feet, about a half a mile, to reach Margaret Lake. I'm rating it so low because in comparison there are so many better and more enjoyable hikes in the area.

Fun, quiet hike, just far enough away from the city to drop a lot of the crowd. We only saw 3-4 other hiking groups the whole time, even though we were there on Memorial Day. We went down to Margaret lake from the junction point (2 mi in), then back up and on to Twin Lakes as well (worth the extra 1.2 mi if you have time). There are only a handful of stretches of snow left and it's easy enough to pick up the trail again each time you come across them.

This hike was great! Two thumbs up!

Sunday 10-20-2013: My wife, Milo, the dog, and I hiked to Margaret Lake near Snoqualmie Pass. It was sunny in the mountains while Puget Sound area was socked in by thick fog. We arrived at the trailhead at 10:30 and there were 5 cars at the parking lot. The last 2 miles of forest road was unpaved and very bumpy. We took our Camry but should have taken Subaru instead. We started hiking at 10:45. The trail up to the ridge was mostly dry and there was no problem. The trail from Lake Yvonne to Margaret Lake was buried in snow and route finding was difficult. Finally at 12:50 we reached the lake and found a nice place to sit and enjoy the view of the lake and had lunch there in solitude. We left the lake at 1:15 and met several people coming down to Margaret Lake. We took a hike towards Lake Lillian but turned back after 0.3 mile because we were tired. We returned to our car by 3:15.

We went up yesterday. It was a Saturday, and the parking lot was pretty full when we got there. Most of the folks we met on the trail were interested in picking huckleberries. We were just out for the hike.

We gained a couple thousand feet, and walked nearly six miles getting to the top of Mt Margaret and back. The trail on the way up was easy to follow and well marked. However, it was not clear how to get to the peak. We finally found a small, very poorly maintained trail that led off to the right toward the peak. It started about 1/4 to 1/2 mile after the junction in the trail where one can head off to Margaret Lake. Climbing to the peak was worth it though. We had beautiful views of Rainier and up north into the Alpine Wilderness. We could also see a long way into Eastern Washington.

Gorgeous hike with great views. Pretty much straight up them down - and a wonderful swimmable (in August) lake inbetween. Tool three Tweens who really enjoyed the day.

The trails were layout very nicely. It is a good moderate hike. There are a lot of bugs though.