Maple Pass Trail

Maple Pass Trail is a 6.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Mazama, WA that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from July until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Maple Pass Loop trail is a must do hike in North Cascade Park. This is a loop hike with option of adding 2 miles to include 2 lakes on its way. The trail is a loop you can either start at Lake Ann Trailhead or Rainy Lake Trailhead. I would recommend going the counterclockwise ( Starting Via Lake Ann Trailhead ) It offers stunning beauty all the way till highest point of hike at 6995 Ft "Maple Pass" then you have to descent back to trailhead

Little snowy in October. Want to come back in August! Larches were beautiful though.

Always a great time at this loop trail. One of my favorites--the views are incredible. Can't beat the North Cascades! Plan on 3-4 hours (depending on how many photos you take the along the way....) This trail doesn't disappoint.

The trail beautiful. Next time I'd bring extra traction for my boots, it was a bit slippery at the top this time of year.

Do this before it's too late, but I highly recommend wearing hiking boots. We did this hike clockwise, as to avoid having a super steep decline on the tail end of the trail (bad knee). This ended up being a smart move and wasn't as tough as people had warned it might be.

The whole trail is beautiful, but it is very wet in places, and even slippery at the top where there is ice/snow on the trail. Be careful!

Can a day hike really get any better than this? I think not.

Absolutely loved this hike! The views are spectacular, especially up above Ann Lake. The trail is well maintained and the ascent is moderate and steady. Loved the variations of going from forest to alpine terrain.

The hike was moderately difficult, we went counter clockwise. It is slightly easier that way because it is a much steeper incline if you go clockwise. There were tons of mosquitoes, we went in mid July. Despite the bugs, the scenery was absolutely amazing. Such a beautiful and rewarding hike through the forest and up into the mountain tops. The hike took about 4.5 hours. It should not be your first hike, recommend warming up to it with a slightly easier hike on a previous day.

Magnificent views, we hiked on a beautiful sunny day. Went counter clock wise, but it was very hard to go up and down the mountain. Very rewarding at the end.

Amazing hike. Mosquitos were abundant but the views made up for that. We hiked the counter clockwise loop and finished it in about 4.5 hours. My wife and I can't say enough good things about this hike coming from the Washington DC area. Please take the time to do this hike and bring your Deet.

Beautiful mountain ranges and lakes but you r gonna swamp by mosquitoes so be prepare otherwise you will end up like me got bit by 20+ times :( some snow on the trail so it will be easier with trekking poles although it's not necessary. Have fun hiking !

Magnificent view!
Im a novice hiker, its my favorite hiking.
Took clockwise direction, sunny, clear blue skies,lot of mosquito above the tree line is the most awesome view of the mountains,great view of lake Anne, waterfall. Rainy pass lakes, gorgeous Heather Meadows colorful wild flowers, chip monks, Marmots. Water,water,water,snacks,water is a must....

I did this hike last October. I can honestly say that this hike was amazing. In the fall the colors are unreal. Awesome views everywhere. I do recommend doing this hike on a weekday or getting an extremely early start. Very popular trail in the fall and gets extremely busy. That is my only complaint about this hike.

Have hiked this beautiful loop several times and it never gets old. Fabulous views of mountains and lakes, incredible wildflowers, and the cutest chipmunks ever... One section is so spectacular it moved my typically very composed British friend to run down the trail, arms spread wide, singing "The Hills Are Alive....." Yup, that good! :-)

Excellent hike! Be sure to be prepared for anything while out hiking this time of year. The last thing I thought would happen is that my backpack bladder would spring a leak and completely soaked my back and pants while almost to the top of pass. I was super cold and things could have gone bad. I know better but I just thought it was a "little ways" lesson learned.

Beautiful hike with rewarding panoramic views. bring a fishing pole for lake ann, bring warm clothes if you stay up at the pass, and definitely bring a good camera!!

This is an amazing hike for views and workout. I was hard for me but I think my legs were not recovered from some previous hikes. And I will still do this one again. When you hit the first of many ridges, your rewards are countless. Then you crest the next ridge and there is even more. We were blessed with a clear sunny fall day with still air the whole way. We chose a weekday because of the weather. I can see where some of the ridge ledges would have been a tad scary with snow or wet conditions. Good sturdy boots is recommended.

This was an amazing hike. It was a perfect day and the views were spectacular. If you could only do one hike in the North Cascade National Park, this should be it. 90% of the hike is loaded with scenery and views. The elevation changes makes it a real work out and with the light snow a little difficult. I rank this up with the Highline in Glacier and Napali coast in Kauai. Amazing experience!!!