Lower Lake Lena Trail

Lower Lake Lena Trail is a 6.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Lilliwaup, WA that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from May until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Nice trail in Olympic National Forest up to to Lake Lena. Moderate climb. Dogs are allowed, but be careful not to follow the trail to Upper Lake Lena, it is part of Olympic National Park and dogs aren't allowed on trails in the park. The trail to the Lake is 3.2 miles. There are several switchbacks which make it a moderate climb. The trail is very well kept and it is BEAUTIFUL! Expect company, it is a very popular trail. You will need a Recreation pass to park at the trailhead.

The hike was good as you get further the view gets better then you get a amazing view at the lake

Did the lower trail in nice time, the view from the lake makes it a nice sight after the 3.2 mile hike bring ok shoes cause it gets Rocky

Too busy, but nice trail.

Loved this hike. I'd heard it was easy, but it was a bit difficult for my friend and I who haven't hiked a great deal. My only complaint - hikers that run on the way back. There were so many wonderful considerate hikers, but unfortunately there was more than a handful of inconsiderate ones running down the switchbacks and cutting through brush for shortcuts.

Did this hike with my 10-year-old on Saturday/Sunday. Awesome hike and very manageable with a first-time kid camper. Grab yourself a spot early in the day. I would recommend a spot fairly near the provided restroom as the sites there provide privacy and super easy access to the water.

I'm rating this from the perspective of a family hike. It was a rough trek for my kids going up those 14 or so switchbacks... I'm sorry to say that we found the lake to be a little underwhelming considering the effort on the trails. I'm sure I would have a different experience hiking solo though.

hiked this several times in 80s great trail for kids.

Trail was well maintained and it was beautiful! Saw about 30 people total on the way in and out. Took my 3 dogs and swam for a few hours. Definitely bring a bathing suit, the water is amazing!

Not too bad, picked up garbage at tent sites along lake and had to put out someone's abandoned smoldering campfire. Hike is mostly uphill on the way in with switchbacks to make it easier.

Beautiful, well taken care if trail with an amazing pristine lake at the end.

Loved it! Rewarding to jump in after a little over 3miles.

great hike, and it was nice not having switchbacks the whole way up.

14 switchbacks to start. Trail is in good shape, but be ready for rocks and roots. Rounded the lake all the way to the valley of the silent men. The creek there is dry and lots of scrambling around fallen trees. Not much parking left when I came back down at 8:30 as lots of groups were already headed up.

Loved the hike but it definitely is longer than 3 miles. According to Map My Tracks, it is 4.6 miles up to the lower lake. Beautiful hike! I took my 8 and 12 year old on the hike and they made it but they were exhausted at the end. I would do it again and the boys said they would, too.

Great
Much longer than 3 miles one way. Closer to 4. Lake is gorgeous.

This was a beautiful trail and the view at Lena Lake was amazing. Just forewarning the trail is rocky and a lot of roots.