South Lost Lake Trail

South Lost Lake Trail is a 9.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Bellingham, WA that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

wildflowers, waterfalls in season, marshy lake In the spring, there are lots of interesting wildflowers including Wintergreen, Calypso Orchids and Coralroot. We also saw some large snails and a rough-skinned newt. The trail itself is in forest with few views of anything else. You will walk parrallel to the lake for a long distance with only teasing views. Once you get there, the shoreline is very boggy and not much to do. It is not a popular trail so likely you will have it to yourself. Be careful of the thick stands of stinging nettle lining both sides of the trail on the Lost Lake part.

Not to scenic at all, But the lake is peaceful. If you want a good photo of the lake you have to explore around and go off trail but it's nice.

I don't like trails that you could just drive on. This is a closed off road, it's not the most scenic. I prefer single track trails. It's a nice challenge for beginner hikers or maybe large groups.

It was a fun hike with my friends but there was no solid trail around the lake. We kept hiking to an outlook point that provided a beautiful view, and I was still able to get decent photos of the lake at a certain location. It's a good hike and I would definitely recommend it to others.

I used the directions, parked on fragrance lake road where I found a sign that said it lead to the lost lake and fragrance lake trailheads. I must've missed the sign because I ended up at fragrance lake

Very fun and beautiful hike. I definitely would do it again. Great exercise!!

We hiked this trail after loving our oyster dome hike....we were disappointed. It's not the worst hike but if you're in the area I would recommend oyster dome, it has better views.

Great hike, not too steep. In general good trail conditions, although fairly muddy and some parts icy/snowy and very slippery.

Fun hike but the lake is just a creepy pond. Worth it if your trying to check off all of the chuckanut trails, but there better lakes to go to on the mountain.

Another good trail in the Chuckanut range to cure the winter blues. The hike is through gorgeous Douglas Furs, Cedars, and Hemlocks. A high thick ceiling with little light or views. The "lake" is nothing more than a pond.