Little Beaver Trail

DIFFICULTY 1 reviews

Little Beaver Trail is a 32.5 mile trail located near Deming, WA. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from July until September.

32.5 miles 3580 feet

Directions from Glacier: Drive eastward on 542 13 miles to Forest Road 32. Bear left on 32 and drive 1.5 miles to a fork. Follow the left side of the fork, along Ruth Creek, 5.5 miles to the trailhead for Hannegan Pass. Hike eastward to Hannegan Pass, descend to the trail fork and bear right on the Chilliwack Trail. Follow the Chilliwack River 7 miles to Brush Creek. Turn right on the Brush Creek Trail and hike 5.2 miles to Whatcom Pass. The Little Beaver Trail begins on the eastern side of Whatcom Pass.

My wife and I hiked this trail in the summer of 2011. It was done in conjunction with The Big Beaver Trail as a modified loop.

This trail is very similar to Big Beaver as far as conditions except for the level it is maintained. We passed a ranger that said she was the first ranger to assess that trail in quite a few years, so maybe they have done some maintenance to it by now. When we hiked it, there were a number of fallen trees (compared to zero on Big Beaver) and small fields of over grown plant life. I normally don't consider over grown plants an issue, until I run into stinging nettle. My wife was fortunate enough to find it several times. I decided to avoid it after my first time.