Lily/Lizard Lakes Loop Trail

Lily/Lizard Lakes Loop Trail is a 9.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Bow, WA and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from May until August.

Lily/Lizard Lakes Loop is a 10 mile loop trail located near Bow, Washington. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for mountain biking.

Great trail! Took Max's Shortcut up to Lily lake and cut over to the Oyster Dome. It was a beautiful hike, and a much more moderate way to get to the Oyster Dome.

Lily/Lizard swamp? The walk up there was long but was a great way to feel lost in the beauty of the forest. Though the two "lakes" were somewhat of a buzzkill. "This is it???" Was my first thought. I ended up continuing to the oyster dome to feel satisfied, no way was I going to hike 10 miles to see a grassy pond! I don't hike much so this was a decent exercise as I did not feel like falling over and dying. There are rails left along the mountain from all the logging done back in the days (you can tell by the ginormous moldy stumps as they've been cut years ago). Carts were filled with lumber and guided down the mountain. That was pretty interesting. Also I'd like to add that it would be a great idea to do this early in the day.... I started at 4 pm and got back by 9 and it was very dark....Great forest walk, not much of a fulfilling view though. Challenge yourself and keep hiking up to the dome!

Great forest walk. Good elevation gain. Plenty of options. We started at the Upper Trailhead near the Alger Exit off I-5. We did a loop with a couple side trips. Lizard Lake, Lilly Lake, Oyster Dome, Max' Cutoff and then back to the upper trailhead. The App shows that we went 11.1 miles. This is a little more then standard trail maps say. There is a parking lot past where the trail takes off to the right and heads off into the woods. The app would not let me "check in" at the parking lot. It said it was too far from the trail head. If you start at the upper lot, be sure to stop at the lower lot enroute. There is a bathroom there, but not at the upper lot. You can start hiking from the lower lot.

We started from the Upper Trailhead parking lot. It was a great day for a hike, but as we got closer to the lake, it got very cold. There was a lot of skunk cabbage in bloom throughout the trail. About halfway up, we found the trillium starting to bloom and some bleeding hearts too. At the lake we sat at one of the camp areas and enjoyed our lunches.

I really like this hike! For a beginner like me, it was just challenging enough without thinking I was going to die. There are a couple signs after you hike up that show you which way to lily and lizard lake, but there is also a shortcut that connects the lakes as well. If I had taken a better look at the map before we hiked I would have known that. Be careful if you take the shortcut that at the end you head the right way or you'll end up going to Oyster Dome. I got lucky this time. Beautiful day and fun seeing that there had been beavers at Lizard lake from some of the trees they chewed down.

A great hike to a beautiful lake. The trail itself was clear and easy to maneuver. Lots of evidence of beaver. Great day hike.

We started the hike at about 8am from the Oyster Dome trailhead and there were only 3 cars including ours. Didn't quite make it to Lizard Lake but did for Lily Lake. Started the hike actually looking to hike for Oyster Dome and I think I got kinda lost, but ended up at Lily Lake...and thats ok with me. The last 3/4 mile or so had snow but not bad at all. The lake was covered completely. A few downed large branches as well but you can easily maneuver around them. Hiking back we passed a large amount of people and there were probably 50 cars where there were originally 3. A great endurance hike with amazing views. Dog friendly as well.