Lila Lake Trail

Lila Lake Trail is a 9.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Cle Elum, WA that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from July until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

From Seattle, E on I-90 to exit 62. Left onto Kachess Lake Rd for 5.5 miles. Right on FSR 4930 for 3.5 miles to trailhead at end of road

My wife and I backpacked to Lila Lake. The trail has many larger roots and rock obstacles/steps to hike over. The trail was well maintained though. This was a bit troublesome for our 8 year old dog. Towards the end of the hike we had to take several breaks to allow our dog’s legs to rest. The view of Rachel Lake from the ridge is amazing. The extra hike from Rachel to Lila Lake is well worth the effort. The view of Lila Lake as you descend from the ridge is breathtaking. We camped right next to the Lake, between a row of trees and rock face which blocked most of the light wind. There were a few other camps set up, but the spacing between the camps was so vast we had basically complete privacy. The hike back down went faster as most of it was downhill. This did stress my knees a bit and wipe the remainder of our dogs energy. All in all this is a great and challenging hike with amazing views.

I would have to assume that this is a early-to-mid season hike as the snow was heavy and full between Rachel lake (2 miles lower down the ridge) and Lila Lake. The lower trail to Rachel Lake is very muddy/marshy with at least 5 blow-overs. Some serious trail maintenance is in this trail's future next year to make it accessible to the normal public again. Positively, the trail is a commitment with the 4+ miles of dirt road full of pot-holes and washboards. Be careful and prepared for this hike from October through November, as it is wet and challenging for footing.