Lake Whatcom Trail

Lake Whatcom Trail is a 3.1 mile point-to-point trail located near Bellingham, WA and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

3.1 miles 343 feet Point to Point

Lake views, family friendly, wildflowers and waterfalls Lots of large Douglas fir trees, cedar, maple and Madrone trees. The trail ends in 3 miles at a fenced private property. This is a good hike for birding. Lake Whatcom basin was carved by a glacier over a mile thick. It is filled by rain, mountain streams and water diverted from the middle fork of the Nooksack river which comes from the Deming glacier on Mt. Baker. This lake supplies water for over 60,000 people in the Bellingham area.

This was a great hike/walk with my pups however, there were many dogs off leash. This made it extremely difficult for my partner and I to walk our dogs. The off leash dogs would run up to us on the trail and one was a little aggressive our dog that gets along with other dogs. The water was wonderful and the sunset was beautiful.

Nice wide trail! Easy walking! Beautiful lake!

Quiet! I expected more people in this flat wide trail. Soothing sounds brought to you by the lapping lake shore!

Beautiful.

Great place to go for a walk. Also has lots of nice places to go and take a dip in the water.

I tried finding Whatcom Falls in this database but couldn't. So here is a review of Whatcom Falls! There are beautiful winding trails that lead to numerous swimming spots in the middle of the forest, just be sure to be sensible about jumping and the rocks and what not.

Love this Trail. you can do almost as many miles as you'd like depending on how much you want to run or walk. you have watering holes, pond, narrow trails, paved trails, stairs, etc. definitely a good work out. Definitely a must do.

Lovely. Beautiful woods. Biggest ferns I've ever seen!

Easy walking. Nice lake Whatcom view. Very relaxing atmosphere.

Beautiful place to take a leisurely stroll on a very well groomed path. The views of Lake Whatcom are peaceful and lovely.

Easy stroll with North West features of moss covered trees, massive Douglas Firs, and beautiful Whatcom Lake.

Nice, easy and pleasant walking. I was recovering from being sick and wanted to get outside- this was a good way to get some fresh air. Very flat. Well maintained. Some pretty little water falls along the way that you can scramble up. Off-leash dogs can be annoying so keep yours on a leash. (signs are posted!)

Gorgeous trail. Easy to do and definitely something you can bend to the length you desire that day. Pretty busy, so make sure you are prepared for crowds and lots of dogs. :)

Absolutely beautiful scenery, great trail for our dog! Waterfalls were beautiful and nice hike to top!

Me and my girlfriend are hikers and the reviews said that this was a HIKE. Let me clarify for people who would like an uphill hike (not a flat trail) that this is no hike. It's more of a dirty centennial trail. Flat, very very easy brisk walk. Don't drive two hours for it like we did. Thanks.

Great walk for all ages. I walked 3 and ran 3 with no difficulty, beautiful beautiful view. I regret not bringing my dogs as I think I was the only person without one! Will do it again and hit the waterfall!

This is one of the best places to spend your Bellingham summers. My family has been going here (with our dogs) for over 10 years. It is a fun place to go, let the dogs off the leash, explore, swim, and just be free. At one point, I went here 7 days straight (with both dogs). It's sort of sad to look back on it now because that was one of the last times both of them swam together. I'm glad I cherished those days when I did (our lab Ravyn got an unexpected tumor).

Anyway, I don't mean to buzzkill this review, this is a stunning area to check out, especially in the summer.

Killer place to go! And there is a challenging hike if you decide to climb up to the waterfalls, there are some pretty neat pools up there aways and the view from up there is amazing.

Pretty views. Lake Whatcom is gorgeous all year long. Good light hike for the family or people of various ages and skill levels.