Lake Valhalla Trail

Lake Valhalla Trail is a 11.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Skykomish, WA that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This was a very nice hike my husband and I did, not too easy nor difficult with lots of changing scenery. We packed a lunch which we ate at the lake.

Great hike. Beautiful lake in the middle of no where!

Gorgeous! A little longer than I expected but what a beautiful hike, moderately steep in place.

Gorgeous! Bugs minimal. Water warm. Trail great!

Amazing.

I did this years ago, but I still remember the beauty. We came in from Stevens Pass. It was work, but worth every bit of it.

Great hike, can be very crowded, mosquitos are thick in the summer months.

loved it. Great seeing through hikers on the PCT stop for a bit.

Great hike. The trail is well maintained with no major obstacles. It took me 2:45 from Stevens pass to Valhalla. From there I made camp then explored the area. I ran into two PCT hikers who are maybe ten days away from completing the hike from Mexico.

12 miles RT?? And difficult?? Tend to disagree with that...especially using the Smithbrook entrance. This lake sees a lot of traffic.

I love the beauty of this trail. The hanging valley, half way up to the lake is worth the whole trip. The lake itself is anti climatic with steep rocky sides. I hiked to the lake, camped and hiked back in the morning. If I do it again, I will hike to the lake and back down to the hanging valley to camp. Or just hike to the hanging valley.

Nice hike. It's shorter if you come in from the smithbrook trail head. If you hold out birdseed to the gray jays they will land on your hand.

great hike even in the rain