Lake Serene Trail

Lake Serene Trail is a 6.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Gold Bar, WA that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

From Everett, east on US 2 to mile marker 35. Turn right after the marker on Mount Index Road (FSR 6020) and travel 0.3 miles. Turn right at the fork onto FSR 6020-109 and go 0.1 miles to the trailhead on the left.

Awesome hike yesterday! It was super snowy at the top and no wind at all! The last mile is quite the incline, but worth it for the view :) We wore snow shoes and were fine without crampons!

Great hike. On the more arduous side of moderate due to the incline. Lots of steps. The lake is beautiful. The Bridal Veil detour is worth it as well.

Got to the trailhead by 8am on a Wed and went straight up no breaks. It was worth the effort, 'cause my dog and I had the lake to ourselves for a good 30-45 min. It was truly serene. Popped up to Bridal Veil Falls on the way down and that was impressive too. This was a solid hike and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Great trail, I just wish it was warm enough to swim at the top! You'll need a recreation pass to park.

This trail is a butt-kicker. Definitely spend the extra mile to see Bridal Veil Falls but do it on the way to Lake Serene otherwise you might be too tired on the way back. The first two miles are pretty simple but the last 1.5 is tough - the trail at that point is essentially all rocks and incline. The lake is absolutely worth it, though. I'd recommend shoes with ankle support.

Super tough hike, must have hiking boots and lots of water. Pack lightly and make sure to hike early to avoid crowds. Also pack swimming clothes and lunch to enjoy this beautiful lake:).

Beutiful Trail,so worth the pain!!You need to start early and pack lunch so at the end you can enjoy how Beutiful and serene the lake is.I give it s big 5*Try it you wnt regret it.

Fantastic Hike! 22 switch backs lead to the most gorgeous destination! Well worth the climb!

Busy but beautiful trail. Not great for small dogs -- I had to lift mine over a few rocks. And it was so foggy up top that I could barely see past the waters edge of Lake Serene. But I loved the waterfalls and old growth forest.

amazing hike! Definetly hard straight uphill rocky hike. Not for Grandma! The top a glacier lake to take a dip in. Great booty & leg workout.

Challenging but worth it !

Crowded. Beautiful. Challenging.

Be careful the park ranger was out giving $130 tickets if your dog is off a leash. Loved the lake and all the waterfalls. A bit rocky.

Beautiful lake! Lots of people. Definitely get there early.

Lake Serene? More like Lake I Can't See Anything smh. C'mon guys this is a team effort here. I write a review of trail conditions for you guys to read, and you do the same in return. The squad and I powered through this monster of a hike to only to be met by fog and poor visibility at the top. Not like this was gonna stop us from jumping in the lake and getting a little wet though ;) On the bright side of things, we passed hella people continuing our infinite pass ratio at an estimated 200 passes/0 passes conceded for the summer. This included passing the same people multiple times - I'm tired of seeing these fat a$$es on my trail, their discover passes should be revoked. We also enjoyed the mile detour (just a stone's throw for the hike squad) to see the stunning Bridal Veil Falls. At the top of the hike, we encountered a massive black crow (raven?) which fed off my almonds yet refused to perch on my arm or get close to me or do anything in return. I guess birds aren't the only black thing in this country that complain and ask for more yet do literally nothing productive for our society I'm just kidding folks I'm just kidding I'm not racist I voted for Obama in 2008. In conclusion, this hike offered excitement and potential but ultimately failed to satisfy and deliver. Overall rating: SOMEWHAT LIT
#MikesForTheHikes #HikesForTheLikes

Great hike overall, was a lot of uphill switchbacks. The swim and view at the top is amazing and very relaxing. Over prep and pace yourself accordingly. All day hike. High ankle boots preferred.