Lake Serene and Bridal Veil Falls Trail

Lake Serene and Bridal Veil Falls Trail is a 6.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Index, Washington that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

To Bothell Brickyard Park & Ride: Take exit 22 from I-405 (either direction). Park & Ride can't be missed- park at the front closest to the road on the left (if you are facing the park & ride from the street).

Very challenging I loved it!! Beautiful view as well. Pays off!

Hiked on 12/30 with good traction hiking boots and trekking poles. Snow covered path all the way with few slippery steeper spots. Microspikes recommended.

This was a nice hike. It was a bit tough but very manageable if you're in decent shape. Many people say there is a scramble right before the lake, I wouldn't really describe it as such, more of just less-maintained path for a 1/2 mile or so. I would definitely recommend adding the extra mile or so to see bridal veil falls on the way up. It rained the whole way for us so we were pretty cold and wet by the time we got to the lake so we didn't end up spending much time there. I'd try to get an early start as the trail gets pretty crowded on the weekends.

Great hike up, stopped at the bridal veil falls on the way up, definitely worth it, would recommend doing this on the way up as you might not want to on the way back down! Will have to do this on a dry clear day as we didn't get much of a view in the November rain!

This is a hard trail, but it's worth all the pain. Don't go on a weekend--way too crowded to be enjoyable

It was a lovely hike on a clear day. Road and trail was in good conditions. The leaves fell on the trail was causing the trail to be a little slippery, just be careful.

Not an easy hike for beginners, but it's worth it.

Ahhhhhnazing!! These falls were absolutely beautiful. Very rocky terrain but made it fun. Make sure you do the entire trail to include the lake... little hidden gems along the way.

Absolutely amazing hike! Completed it in the pouring rain 9/13/2016, totally worth it. There was snow on mount index when we reached the top.

Beautiful hike. Go during the week if you can to avoid the crowds.

A nice challenge and great views! FYI, it was pretty crowded on the day we went (Saturday with good weather).

Great hike! Nice views from Bridal Veil Falls. Cute fall as well. We took a swim in the lake which was very refreshing and cold on a warm Summer day! Very crowded at the lake, which was the only thing that I didnt like.
The hike was fairly easy. I mean, it's a workout, but not tough!

Love this place been there 7 times

The trail is rocky and may not be easy for someone who does not hike often, but should be doable for all.
The views at the falls and the lake are well worthy the effort.

Incredible. Definitely would recommend leaving the children and the dogs at home due to the rocky conditions but for a day hike by myself, it was beautiful. I took other reviewers tips and saw the falls first before I went up to the lake and that is absolutely the way to go. I don't think I would have wanted to climb up all those stairs after 2 miles of crazy elevation. I went up and got to the trail head around 7am. I had most of the trail to myself which was really nice but very crowded on the way back down with people just starting around 12pm. I highly suggest hiking boots instead of trail runners or tennis shoes. Trust me, your ankles will thank you being prepared. Also, I ended up taking one hiking pole with me which kept me from slipping on the way down. It's not a gentle hike for those with bad knees. There is a lot of steep sections where you are forced to climb stairs and big rocks but I personally loved every minute of this one. I loved this hike and I will definitely be back!! I rated 4 stars simply because of the slippery spots. Be careful out there on the way back.