Quinault Loop Trail

Quinault Loop Trail is a 4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Quinault, WA that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

From Forks, south on U.S. 101 to South Shore Road. Turn left and drive 1.5 miles to the trailhead on the right side of the road.

Beautiful hike. Inclines are a bit harder but most of the loop is perfect for the novice hikers like me.

Great morning hike. Rainforest portion has a self guided tour too!

Nice loop trail in the old rainforest. The guide said 4 miles but we walked closer to 5.1. Granted we took the Gatton trail to start--the ranger suggest this was a better route. ...I guess it added more distance than I expected. Still we really enjoyed this walk through the rainforest. The 5 year old did great but he was starting to drag a bit by the end.

As of June 2, 2016, South Shore Road is washed out 2.6 miles from the East Fork trailhead. This has cut off access to the Graves Creek Campground by vehicles, so plan accordingly. A temporary parking lane has been established along South Shore Road south of the road closure.

Great 1.5 hrs of hiking not too strenuous with tons of berries along the way!

We really enjoyed this trail. It featured a lot of big trees and plenty of green. My wife did this trail six months pregnant so it was not difficult.

We took the portion of the trail from the Lake Quinault lodge to the Rainforest Loop trail. Beautiful views of the lake and a pretty waterfall.

We started this hike from the roadside. It went from forest, to stream, to waterfall, to bog, and then back to forest with the stream running beside. it ended with a walk along the lake. We really enjoyed this hike even with the down trees and drift wood covered trails. It was just after a big wind storm so we didn't mind the extra steps to get around. We actually came across some of the park rangers starting the clean up the trail. We had a dog with us and she was going crazy with all the smells.

Nice and easy hike. I drove a good distance to do it I wouldn't say it was worth the drive as everything in Washington looks the same. Something to do if you plan to stay a weekend and check out more trails in the area.

I took this journey with 7 others all the way to the Enchanted Valley and back. Started about Thursday afternoon and made it back to the car around noon on Sunday. A lot of trees were down and blocking the trail so we had to get creative and be careful to make it through. We did pass quite a few people. Not much wildlife though, quite possibly due to the size of our group. Beautiful pictures, got very cold at night but warmed up due to the effort going uphill! May never do this trail again but I now have the hiking/backpacking bug due to this eye opening experience and intend to pursue a healthier life!

Definitely a great hike. You can take the North rd around the lake and find other great spots to hike. Can't wait to make it to the North Olympics!!

This was a beautiful, albeit wet early spring hike. Most people seem to start at the lodge and head uphill, toward the waterfall, but I was interested in photographing the lake in the fog, so I headed in the other direction. The trail down to the lake is incredibly easy, bordered on shoreline by the lodge's cottages. In the fog/mist, the swimming docks make for great, minimalist Michael Kenna-type subjects. At the end of the lakeside portion of the trail, there is a 300 foot rise up past a series of waterfalls to the cedar bog. This back end of the trail isn't as photogenic, but is a good workout.

A very cool hike into an old growth temporate rainforest. Definitely bring your camara and take your time. Its a very cool hiking experience.

great hike definitely feels like the rainforest. great hike all year round bring a poncho!

Head for Enchanted Valley.

This trail follows Gatton Creek to Gatton Creek Falls before descending to South Shore Road again. It's the not the best trail you'll ever hike but it's a nice leg-stretcher. The World's Largest Sitka Spruce is a nice little add-on hike at the end of this, too.

Nice, easy hike. Great way to experience the NW...rain or shine.