Lake Minotaur Trail

Lake Minotaur Trail is a 3 mile out and back trail located near Leavenworth, WA that features a great forest setting. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking.

Directions from Lake Wenatchee: Take National Forest Road 65 west to Forest Service Road 6701. Turn left onto 6701, then left again onto 6700. Continue on this road for approximately five miles to Forest Service Rd 6704. The Minotaur Trailhead lies about a half mile up.

This is now one of my favorite trails in the pacific north west. Don't be fooled by the distance, the elevation gain is far from easy but once it flattens out at the meadows it is extremely rewarding. It took us a little over an hour to get to the lake and about 45 minutes to get down. Make sure you find the rocks to jump off and refresh. Enjoy!

Steep!!! Definitely worth it though.

STEEP!! Beautiful lake. Took us an hour and 10 minutes to get up to the lake. Tough hike, but the lake is awesome. The second lake is just as beautiful. 6 miles on a dirt road in, would of been nice to have a little clearance (we were in a rental car).

I can agree with all of the below comments! Definitely an uphill battle! It's definitely worth it though. I went on November 2nd and there was a good amount of snow once I got close to the lakes. Wish it were clearer to continue up Labyrinth. A little too cloudy and cold for my taste. Be sure to explore around the right side of the lake (cross the little creek). There are some breathtaking views of Thesus. I'll definitely come back here next year to do some camping.

Very beautiful lake. The rest of the reviews are very accurate on the direction of this trail, IT ONLY GOES UP! Very good work out but I would not suggest attempting this trail without a gun or some sort of protection. As we reached the top, we found a cluster of wolf tracks that were less than half a day old. Scary! We also found a dead deer in the lake, kind of cool! Make sure you make the walk of ~100 yards to the right to look down on Lake Thesus!

Beautiful lake had lunch on a rock overlooking lake Thesus a few minutes from Minatuar. the hike was steep but not long. Got near the top and all our complaining left when we passed a family with 3 girls under the age of 12 with their own packs. Kind of humbling.
The lake views are spectacular and you can watch the fish swimming.

The trail is difficult. Very steep, rolling rocks and exposed roots. At 4500' elevation there was still snow cover and we lost the trail. using GPS we were able to navigate to the lake. Be careful since near the lake the outlet is under the melting snow and is exposed in some areas. The lake was covered in snow still but at the ridge top you can see the other lake (name is another Greek name)which is not covered in snow and just as beautiful. Going down the trail my knees and hips were aching from the jarring they took. Not many views going up as I read there would be but what you see at the top us worth it.

Beautiful clear lake and some nice campsites. If time allows I recommend the short scramble up Labyrinth Mtn for nice 360 views of surrounding peaks.

the view from this lake down on the lower one is just the best thing to make up for the steep trail to get there. Short trip