Lake 22 Trail

Lake 22 Trail is a 6.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Granite Falls, WA that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from May until November.

beach

old growth

From Granite Falls, E (left) for 13 miles on Mountain Loop Highway to trailhead on right, two miles past the Verlot Public Service Center.

27 minutes ago

Magnificent hike for conditioned kids and family. Switch backs on the edge of the mountain leave you with beautiful views as you continue to climb. Terrain is both earth and rock so wear boots if you have them. The view at the top is similar to that of Heather Lake.

Sooo beautiful one of my Fave!!My BF and I loved it.Its a bit hard but so worth it.You must try it:)

Perfect day for this beautiful hike! Sunny & 76

Hiked today. Was very very crowdy! But when I got there I was so impressed! That's so cool view I didn't see long time! Definitely worth to get there

Great hike

There was some water on the lower half of the trail. Overall the trail is in great condition. It's an easy 2 1/2 to 3 hour hike.

I was here on a solo outing yesterday, perfect day for a hike. The path starts out gently enough, a pretty dirt staircase through forest. You can hear water trickling through the forest many times along the way. A bridge crosses the stream around a mile in, a particularly pretty waterfall. Here the trail gets steeper, with more rocks and some water on the path. Gentle but persistent switchbacks lead to a long talus slope with the wall of lake 22 looming above, seemingly insurmountable. The talus is a jumble of sharp rock, but navigable. I saw several families with little kids, but they were tough little kids! (It amazes me what passes for a family stroll in the NW, for some people this would be a very tough hike). The trail switches back and heads toward the large stream which outlets from the lake where it finally flattens out. There is a hidden waterfall here which I plan to come back for. Onward a bit further is the lake itself, a small-ish, gorgeous turquoise lake with an enormous steep wall behind it. A path goes all around the lake, worth the time it takes to do it. Best time for photography at the lake is probably morning, although later is interesting too, with filtered light through the pyramidal peaks behind the lake. I was told by someone that for a weekday, it was pretty crowded, at the lake, but it wasn't by the time I got there. But expect crowds on the weekend.

This trail was good for adults, reading the reviews it said "kid friendly" but it was long and a hard hike for the kids ( ages 12 & 8) I will do it again without kids !

u

This hike is about 7 miles. Has a crazy goat trail. Beautiful views, clear roads recommend going early. Requires national park pass 5 dollars. Bring water and a snack. You will love it. I would rate this High moderate for the full hike. We went with 2 12yr olds a 10 year old and a 7 month old in a carrier.

Breathtaking lake. Moderate hike. Loved it.

A solid 3 hour round trip hiking. Be aware of wet mud and rocky surface.