Lake 22 Trail

Lake 22 Trail is a 6.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Granite Falls, Washington that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from May until November.

beach

old growth

From Granite Falls, E (left) for 13 miles on Mountain Loop Highway to trailhead on right, two miles past the Verlot Public Service Center.

Great hike with an awesome view off the side of the trail for the second half. The lake at the top's also a great reward for the hike. Definitely gets a little sketchy with the melting snow on the way up though; highly advise micro chains and a walking stick. Have fun.

Great easy hike!

One of my all time favorites. We've only done it in the winter (Dec Or Jan), so there is water and mud along the first part of the hike and then often snow on the second half. The lake itself is beautiful though we've only seen it frozen over and surrounded by snow.

We've been fine with just waterproof shoes/boots - no poles or other snow gear.

Highly recommend!

Fun trail that I think I'll do again but in the summer. Took us a while to get around the lake because of the deep snow. Great hike!

So gorgeous. Countless waterfalls. Lots of water on the trail - manageable. The sheer rock mountain is almost dizzying - just completely gorgeous! Let trail head at 10, lake at 11:15. Lunch & did trail around the lake. Left lake at 12:30 & back to car by 1:50. Beyond beautiful! Great for kids too.

My wife and I arrived at 11AM and found a spot to park right away. We hiked at a brisk pace, passing a few groups, and made it to Lake 22 in 1hr 10min. There were people spread out along the lake, the trail loops around the entire lake. We made it back to the trailhead in 45min, jogging a nice pace most of the way back. The trail is very well maintained. Part of the trail had water runoff on it, but was very hike-able all the same. Mud was not a big factor, most water was on gravel or rock. As for the lake, it was an awesome view. Walking in on the lake the ridge behind the lake is reflected on the lake, it makes a pretty cool mirror effect, very clear lake.

Lovedit!!

No too tough and just the right length if you're looking for a decent morning hike. Started hiking around 9:00am and got to the top around 10am. Had lunch and headed back down. This was a Tuesday morning, there were about 5 ladies starting when I was and only saw two other people on the way up. Passed a few more groups coming down.
Heard this is a very busy trail on weekends, this is why I purposely went on a week day morning!
The lake is beautiful. Was foggy when I first reached the top but cleared as I was enjoying lunch.