Kloshe Nanitch Trail

Kloshe Nanitch Trail is a 5.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Forks, WA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Once the site of a historic lookout, this craggy, ridgetop perch serves up excellent views of Lake Crescent, Mount Olympus, and the Sol Duc river valley. Kloshe Nanitch, Chinook for "take care" or "look out" served as the site of a fire watch for many years. Originally built in 1917 the site was abandoned and destroyed in 1963. On clear days, the views extend all the way to the Pacific Ocean and James Island.

Great little hike in the summer. In the shade all the way long , haven't seen anyone on it so very quiet. spring water on the way which was great for my dog. Amazing view on the lake and mountains.

off road driving

OK, I'm not gonna lie, I drove to the top. I was alone though and wasn't 100% certain where the trail started and didn't want to get lost- honestly I don't know how I navigated my way up there via road but somehow did. Gorgeous views from the top!

Did this one a couple weeks ago and I'm kicking myself for not doing it sooner. It's a steady climb all the way to the top, but what surprised me the most was all the chanterelle mushrooms within reach of the trail. On the way back down I picked probably 8 pounds of them. Last pick of the season because the snow and frost arrived shortly after.