Klickitat Trail

Klickitat Trail is a 11 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Randle, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Hiked from just west of Jackpot Lake on FR 20 to the top of Cispus Butte. 5 year olds did a great job on a steep, overgrown trail. Can't say enough about how beautiful the top is. Lots of bugs at the bottom and throughout the hike. It is a little over 1 mile to the top.

The description of this trail isn't quite accurate; it can be much longer than 4ish miles one way. The trailhead starts at a parking lot just north of Highway 14 outside the town of Lyle, WA on the Klickitat River. The trail is good for horseback riding, hiking and mountain biking. My wife and I biked about 6 miles of it before we turned around and headed back out where our car was parked.

The trail is a "rails-to-trails" conversion, so much of the trail is gravel. For those who are starting out mountain biking, there's a singletrack portion starting around Mile 2. It's good for beginners because there's very little elevation gain within the first 10 or so miles. Parts of the trail run along the Klickitat, so my wife and I took a break to dip our feet into the river. A great experience overall!