Klahhane Ridge Trail to Lake Angeles

Klahhane Ridge Trail to Lake Angeles is a 13.1 mile out and back trail located near Port Angeles, WA that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and horses and is accessible from June until October. Horses are also able to use this trail.

No permits needed, parking is free

Steep trail, but it was worth it. Saw a group of five mtn goats with a baby, a marmot, and a few deer.

Excellent!

Weather was perfect, and the wildlife was plentiful. Saw plenty of deer, a black bear, and a pair of mountain goats. There was one section of the trail under snow, but it was fairly easy to navigate even without trekking polls.

We did this one from the Hurricane Ridge visitor's center right after we did Hurricane Hill. Saw mountain goats and Olympic Marmots. Gorgeous views.

Beautiful. The lake Angeles-khlahhane-heather park loop rocks!

Hike with wildlife record. We saw goats, deers, marmots, gray jay and rabbit. Gorgeous views. Only partly shaded - bring some sunscreen. We only did about half way to avoid going down the valley and coming back up. I think the view is fairly similar half way and end point

This was my first hike in Olympic national park and I don't think I could've picked a nicer one. We camped out overnight 3.4 miles in at lake angles. There is a cool rock outcropping on the far side of the lake which we were doing all kinds of jumps and backflips off of into the water. We also swam out to the island in the middle of the lake. I climbed about halfway to Kahhlane ridge for both the sunset the first night and sunrise the next morning which was majestic. After that I hiked the 9ish miles remaining of the loop. It was possibly the most beautiful hike for about 6 of those miles that I've ever done in my life. Beautiful views in all directions of Canada, Mt Baker, Mt Olympus, the Lake below and out to the Pacific Ocean. I took quite a few detours off the trail to climb up to higher locations for even more beautiful views. Would highly recommend to anyone capable. Is entirely reasonable as a day hike as well but the extra time spent at the lake was a blessing.

Listed at 13 miles round trip, but 6 miles there and back from Hurricane Ridge. This direction is a up and down hike, with switchbacks at the end. Excellent mountain, wildflower, meadow, wildlife views. Watch for mountain goats and bears.

This was a demanding hike. The trail is a 13 miles long loop trail. The first four hours was climbing up through really long switchbacks in a misty surreal cedar forest. Then we cleared the trees and continued climbing up a winding gravelly for another hour. Soon after we reached the top of the ridge line and started following it for the next few hours. About the time we spotted the trail sign we had been looking for we also saw the biggest mountain goat I've ever seen in my life scratching his horns on the sign (I have this on video). Again, soon after we finally started heading back down. This loop took us 14 hours (with few breaks). The views along the way were worth every drop of sweat. When on the ridge line one side of the mountain was all misty but the other was clear (we looked down on the clouds). We also saw several glaciers and had to cross one (would have been a long slide down). This trail has an elevation change of over a mile (each way). I loved it!!!