Killen Creek Trail

Killen Creek Trail is a 6.2 mile trail located near Stevenson, WA that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and horses and is accessible from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

6.2 miles 1750 feet

From Vancouver, east 70 miles on Highway 14 to Highway 141. Turn north and drive 22 miles to Forest Service Road 23 (Buck Creek Road), near the town of Trout Lake. Turn right and drive about 30 miles to Forest Service Road 2329. Turn right and drive 5 miles to the trailhead on the right.

One of my favorite backpacking trails up to alpine medows. The last time I did this trail, a couple years ago the trail was often covered in snow and becomes hard to find towards the top. Impeccable views at the top!

I would give it 5 stars, but we weren't able to get more than a mile and a half in before my dog picked a fight with a mommy deer. We thought we had lost our dog at one point, but it turned out that she just high-tailed it back to the trailhead, and the next hikers to come by let us know.

Crazy day. We'll be back to do the trail properly soon.

Really nice trail leading up to the PCT. Took this trail up after our Boy Scout Troop had already gone up earlier in the day. Got to the PCT with light fading and had to walk part of the PCT to the camp site in the dark, but what a view! This was a pretty strenuous trail for me as I have not been hiking for a very long time and am not in the shape I used to be!

This is one beautiful area! just keeps getting better... went backpacking here September 7th-11th 2013:) we did the "high camp" tail and the "PCT" section to the north. You wont be disappointed :)