PCT: Kendall Katwalk Trail

PCT: Kendall Katwalk Trail is a 14.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Snoqualmie Pass, WA that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from June until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Hike along the Pacific crest trail from I-90 to reach the Kendall katwalk, a rock path blasted out of the cliff face.

Great trail and really beautiful section of the PCT. Forest, waterfalls, ridges, snow, alpine lakes, mountain views (including rainier). I'm happy I picked a sunny day to go so I could see the distant snowy mountains. This is a longer hike, so I'd allow 5-6 hours if you plan on heading back immediately instead of camping at one of the sites along the trail.

Despite another KK late start (dynamics of life), the weather held and the views were fantastic at the Katwalk. Surprisingly little snow on the north side for late Oct, although that will change soon. Trail maintenance was exceptional given huge storms two weeks ago. Vert is spread out over long distances, so not overwhelming. A fav hike #always. Plan 5-6 hrs.

This is the absolute best way to see Snoqualmie Pass from above! It is lengthy but not hard… Hikers are rewarded with very generous and long switchbacks… I have found harder hikes in the Issaquah Alps LOL… Not sure why it is rated as hard.

I loved this one. I don't think the trail length is accurate, the hike here takes you well past the Katwalk to the gravel and ridge lakes, which adds another 3 miles to the hike. Worth it though!

Went on a cloudy day and got caught in a little rain on the way back. Beautiful hike. The clouds made it seem otherworldly at times. The mountain pass before the "katwalk" is stunning. Took our small dog and she did really well. Definitely a long hike; I'd say expect to spend 5-6 hours if you're going at a moderate pace and stop to eat. Recommend boots with ankle support.

Pretty, long, stright forward, fun, wish i have a horse

I loved this hike so much. It was long but the elevation gain was so gradual it was fun. The views are amazing. I took the PCT up but went the common wealth trail back to the parking lot and it was a really cool change in scenery. Wasn't very populated on a Thursday. Took 3 hours to the lakes and 2 down. Recommend.

This hike is not for the faint of heart. I thought I was in good hiking shape, but this was a long trek. The views are very nice, but I think some of the other Cascade hikes are better.

Finally made it to the Kat Walk after stopping short in a winter hike. Went a little past the walk and if I knew there was a lake in a half mile it would have been a great double score. Adams was in view today which was a great bonus. Next time on to the lake.

8/5/2016 (Friday) -- Mild sunny morning, moderate to low traffic, 55-72F. Trail is in perfect condition, gently grading. All blowndowns have been cleared. Flowers are in the bloom. No snow, no mud, not much buds. 6.5 miles to the Katwall (which is not long, about 100+yd), 13 miles out and back. First 5 miles are mostly in the shade of the woods, especially in the morning. Then, awesome view in a clear day. Mt Rainier looms large to the south.

The katwalk in itself, is pretty awesome! Now in my top 5! It's a long hike. Didn't bring enough water. Will definitely do again this time going a little further to Ridge Lake & Granite Lake.

After 7/14 work blowdowns are mostly cleared. Tiny snow patches below Kendall Peak are easily managed. Great little scramble to the peak found by turning right at the tree stump.

Just completed this excellent day hike to the Katwalk Still some snow lingering and I suggest trekking poles to make crossing a bit easier. A lot of blow down in several parts but the Katwalk itself is clear. 7-2-16

This trail has been on my to do list for sometime. I should have kept it there a little while longer. Lots of snow still and the trail was poorly marked making it very difficult to find our way. I'm pretty sure we were not on the trail a good portion of the trip! Steep exposed areas made it treacherous and so thankful I had yaktraks and my poles. Lost our way on the way out plus it was getting dark so we made our way down to Kendall Lakes, found the lake trail and made our way out. Finally caught a ride back around the mountain to our car. I would wait until more snow is melted but definitely bring the 10 essentials. .I was pretty sure we were gonna be camping overnight! Otherwise, gorgeous hike, tons of fun and adventure and I'm looking forward to doing it again!

Hiked out and camped first time with a pack on my back out a year ago in the summer and so far was my fav trail. I had a good guide, thank god!

Great hike. Really gradual elevation gain on well made trail. The views during the last couple miles are amazing especially when you get to the Katwalk and you have stunning views to left and right. GPS clocked me at 12.6 miles out and back. Stopped just after the Katwalk. At that point I was punching through snow about knee high in some places.

Beautiful place...our gps showed 13 miles roundtrip from trailhead. Varied terrain and old growth forest. Views at the top are stunning!