Kamikaze/Teneriffe Falls

Kamikaze/Teneriffe Falls is a 4.7 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near North Bend, WA that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

4.7 miles 3898 feet Point to Point

Hike to a fantastically steep and unusual waterfall near Mt. Si in WA state.

Went after several days of rain in mid-November, so the Falls was beautiful. It was a pretty walk with lots of rocky switchbacks about halfway. The lower half is very easy and level. This is an easy hike but need to watch footing on slippery rocks. The point at the end of the trail where you view the falls is quite steep and worrisome if you have kids. Need to hold onto kids hands so they don't fall. No bathrooms at trailhead and minimal parking.

We went up early September 2016, and falls were dry. There were some nice views along the way, and hike was fun. There is a sign in the first portion of hike pointing you right to Teneriffe Falls, then sometime after that it becomes rocky switchbacks; not sure if taking the trail to the left would have led to different (kamikazi) falls, but it'd be worth a try. The walk in the woods and nicely groomed trail in first mile or two was really nice. We started a little before 2pm, ate a sandwich on way down, and arrived back at car about 4:30pm. Easy at bottom, moderate at the top. You can scramble further up, but we didn't

It was a wonderful hike. Slightly tougher than I expected because it is extremely rocky. You definitely want to wear durable thick heeled shoes. The waterfall is worth the hike though!

Pretty flat for the first two miles, but became rocky for the third mile. The fall is amazing.

Fun hike. Snow at the top was a slippery challenge. Will definitely do again on a weekday. I started at 6am and was back at my car by 11.

gorgeous and fun trail!

It was a nice and soggy hike, PacNW style. Made it only part way (hit the first switch back and over to the water which was beautiful and raging) as we started late and had our 12 year old pooch with us. Can't wait to go back. Side note to dog owners- please, for the love of all things dog friendly, take your poop bags with you when you leave. We always travel with garbage bags and collected about 5-7lbs of poop bags that were literally all stashed in the same spot at the trail head (and it wasn't at or near a garbage can). Not sure who people think will throw these away for them but it really broke my heart to see. We all love these trails and want them to continue to be dog friendly. Use a tight fighting tupperware container to put those in for the car ride home.

The trail was a nice walk, getting a bit harder as others have said about half way up. The only disappointment was that all the water for the falls was dried up, which was kind of a let-down. The woods are beautiful though. Maybe the next good rain will replenish the falls enough to be as pretty as others have experienced.

The new trail is like walking in a green tunnel.(between woods) Feel so good. It's rocky after about 1.5mi. But with a great view overlook I-90 from up there is very rewarding. The falls is soothing and good relaxing point.

breathtaking waterfall.hike was fairly challenging but really only because I decided to make my way to the top of the falls.only goat paths to follow up but worth the challenge.was my second attempt at this hike first was cancelled due to no parking.So I suggest getting out early our having a back up plan in the i-90 corridor which we all know is not hard to find.

Beautiful views and very diverse hike. Started fairly easy but became a little more challenging about half way up, with the more narrow rocky switch backs. Took my 2 small dogs who also enjoyed it. Waterfall at the end was worth the hike.

Moderate length and elevation gain on this hike. The reward is a steep and unusual waterfall below Mount Teneriffe. We went on a Sunday in December and had only a handful of fellow travellers. No snow on the trail, but there was a dusting at higher elevations, and we got some flurries on the way down.