Jolly Mountain Lookout Trail #1307

Jolly Mountain Lookout Trail #1307 is a 9.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Roslyn, Washington that features a great forest setting and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from March until November.

10/11/14 (Saturday) - Unfortunately I was not able to do this hike for a few reasons. It was late in the day, the weather had turned to wind and rain, I couldn't find the lower trailhead, and the gate was closed on the forest road. I had read on WTA that NF-4315 lead to within a few miles of the mountain by connecting with the Sasse Mt Trail, but only if the first gate was open. It wasn't... I'll post photos so you can see where this is. We walked around a bit looking for any kind of trail and only found signs (lots of signs) of horses. There's also a lot of guys in camo driving around, but I didn't hear any guns fired.

Back on the main road I drove up a bit more to Cayuse Campground (closed) and walked to the end of the road to find a Jolly Mountain Detour sign. Whether or not this is the official trailhead, I don't know.

More on my hiking blog at cairnguru.com