West Side Japanese Gulch Trail

West Side Japanese Gulch Trail is a 3.2 mile loop trail located near Mukilteo, WA that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice hike, great for all skill levels. Easy to get lost even following the map online. Many side trails along the main trail. We entered through the West side of the Gulch which was a better workout with incline. Nice stream and mini waterfall. My mini Schnauzer hiked with us and he loved it too, well maintained. Only down fall there are no signs took keep you on the "loop"

Easy to get lost but nice fun little hike.

Good hike, nice scenery, however in an earlier review the person says the path comes to a "y" and to take a left to go down to the falls.... We didn't read this ahead of time, so we took a right... The trail is not marked, and there are a lot of crisscrossing paths and "y's" along the way. We ended up on about a 4 1/2 mile hike, and had to use the GPS to navigate our way back to the car. all in all it was a good hike....took about an hour and a half to two hours. Itwould be nice if the trail was marked a little bit better.

I think we may have gotten a bit lost, or the trail is supposed to loop and you end up back on the trial that you already walked on; either way we enjoyed the scenery.

Loved it❤❤❤

Fun day

Lovely

This was an easy hike in comparison to Bridal Veils, Cherry Creek, and Twin Falls. 5 minutes into the hike you'll reach a fork. If you go left, you'll see the "waterfall" and then you can loop around back to the dog park. Not sure that I would call that a waterfall. That way was just under 2 miles. There's some heavy construction going on there as well.

Very muddy, right by a busy road so be careful leaving dogs off leash. The river is pretty and there's a dirt road trail and more of an actual trail. Lots of dogs because it does start at a dog trail, would be great for biking as well

Not a bad hike, but you'll definitely get lost. It starts out by a dog park, which I took my dog to once we were done trying to find our way out. There are just a ton of different random trails to take once you are deeper in these woods. About five minutes into it I saw down below a little waterfall and gravel path, but couldn't figure out how to get down there. Ran into a few bikers and most of these trails are so narrow and overgrown they look like they are only for bikers. We ended up behind some houses and then eventually to the gravel path next to the railroad and a creek, which will take you back to the dog park. So technically this does loop around. I enjoyed it, would do it again, but not great if your dog is out of shape or old (if you bring one).

I went into this trail thinking it loops around (which it probably does some where). At the trail head it suggest taking a map, and I strongly suggest doing so IF there is one! First it follows a creek, then you jump close to the train tracks, eventually there is a beautiful mini waterfall and creek with additional trailing to follow. This is where a map would be handy. Once you are actually in the forest area there are trails on trails on trails. No signs to direct you where to go or how to get out. It really is not for the directionally challenged. Good elevation gain in a lot of that area, not a lot of views once you are inside. Unless you know where you are going I'd suggest the buddy system, and possibly researching a map for the trails so you don't get lost. Also dog friendly.