Ipsut Creek Trail

Ipsut Creek Trail is a 10.2 mile out and back trail located near Buckley, WA that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking and mountain biking.

The main attraction is the under appreciated Ipsut Falls near the campground!

It was definitely a good hike. My brother and I found ourselves looking for a good base camp to hike to Tolmie Peak Lookout and Mowich Lake and i believe that this is the one we needed. The campground itself has bathrooms and tons of camp spots near the river. For your food and goodies, it has bear boxes to lock near every campsite and well marked trails leading in the out. I found the hike was easy with little elevation gain all the way to the falls. It says nearly 4000 feet of elevation but there is no way unless you hike all the way through Ipsut Campground and Into Mowich Lake, which is another 5.4 miles further from the campground. Ill use my app and get a correct elevation and edit the trail when I'm on it next. Today is 2/17/2015 and there is no snow and the trail is completely open and free from washouts and such. The bridge to Chenuis falls(around 2 mile marker) is still washed out for those venturing on the Carbon River Trail in search of cool waterfalls for photograph. On a nice day, this would be a great place to take the family on a mild overnight camping trip.