Ingalls Creek Trail to Lake Ingalls

Ingalls Creek Trail to Lake Ingalls is a 28.4 mile out and back trail located near Cashmere, WA that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, camping, and backpacking and is accessible from May until October.

Directions from Leavenworth: Travel 7 miles south on the Blewitt Pass Highway. Turn right at Valley Hi. Take the left hand fork and drive about a mile to the trailhead. Directions general: HWY 97 between 90 and 2, a few miles from joining HWY 2. You'll see road signs. Turn right (if going from HWY2/Leavernworth/Wenatchee/Chelan), drive a little, and roads ends at the trail head.

♡♡♡ this trail! Thankfully no rattlers although the trail report was full of spottings! I've said it before, I ♡ trails by the rivers, SO nice for my dog and me! I take a full dip if it's super hot, which here there are PLENTY of beautiful, deep, clean and cold spots along the way to fully submerge yourself! Today I forgot my water bottle so stopped every so often to use my hands and drink from the river, I also took my shirt off and soaked it to put back on while running, great way to keep cool. The trails has a few different terrains, some parts there is no way I could run through! Started to late so did not finish, also spent too much time playin in the river ha ha! Can not wait to come back and finish it next time. Today was about an 82° late summer day, want to come back in mid november. :) Happy Trails

Had a great hike up to spring run off boulder field, five miles up the trail. Took my dog, and she did most of her drinking from creek, but I did have to give her some water in a bowl. Ran into rattle snake on the trail. We did a total of 10 miles.

13 miles out and back starting at the trailhead near Hwy 97. Warm day, beautiful scenery. Lots of flowers. A couple steep places but not too bad. 3100 ft of elevation gain according to Endomondo. Nice trip along the creek (mostly). Some views of snowy peaks.

We've hiked this many times, both with kids/dogs and not. I agree with Mitch, depending on the winter, you can get in much earlier than August. In fact I don't like it so much past July. Rattlesnakes are much more abundant July and later as they are seeking the cool tree roots and creek. One of my dogs got nailed and survived but it was not pleasant at all. Hearing a rattlesnake at shoulder height was quite unnerving. Highly recommend this hike during the cool month of May/June for the flowers. I haven't made it past 6 miles - beach and horse camp area.

I think the overview is a little misleading when it says Aug - Sept. I hiked this trail at the end of May when all the mountain roads/trails were still covered in snow. I started from the west end at the trail head just off hwy 97. Lots of wildflowers providing lots of color. I followed the trail 5 or 6 miles and relaxed on a nice rocky "beach" next to the creek before turning around. It was fairly flat most of the way and suitable for all ages. I definitely enjoyed this early season hike and the chance to get in some exercise away from the more crowded trails on the west side of the Cascades.

OK. 3rd attempt at this review, so this will be short. Great hike, beautiful scenery as you follow the creek. We went a total of 11.75 miles up and back. It was hot (95 deg) but there is a good amount of shade. Another bonus is at about 2.6 miles from the trailhead: "the Refrigerator"--a boulder field that spews out cool air currents from gaps in the boulders. Access to the creek can be difficult--too bad for our dog that needed some cooling off. Lots of butterflies and other bugs but no mosquitoes

great trail for spring/summer

We didn't hike the whole trail. Maybe about 2 miles in....was beautiful

very dry, nice hike though, ingalls creek is high from snow melt, refreshing

Great trail- well maintained. I've been on this trail from 2 different directions in the past. This past weekend, I took my 12 yr old twin boys from TH to Falls Creek for an overnight camp. Ingalls Creek, like most rivers and streams in North Central Washington, is raging with melting run off and uncharacteristic late seasonal rains. Evidence of a previous avalanche and debris has mostly been cleared and an improvised path leads over frozen snow and fallen trees. The wild flowers and ferns are fantastic and the Morels in season has this trail busy right now. We took turns with many others stepping aside to let others pass. Overall, another great experience up Ingalls Creek Trail and a fantastic memory with my boys.

Absolutely beautiful. The trail goes along Ingalls creek and whether you see it or not, you hear it. There are a few somewhat steep places, but nothing challenging, you can get kids with you, no problem. Other than that this trail was created to enjoy the natural beauty of surroundings. In the summer there are a lot of flowers and butterflies (check the photos i uploaded), but overall, it's just a long long trail you can share with someone, you love, or just friends.

Or, day use permit is needed. Annual pass works. Once bushes become dense, it could be a good time to turn back for a casual hiker like myself. You'll have quite enough exercise for the day for sure.