Icicle Gorge Trail

Icicle Gorge Trail is a 4.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Leavenworth, WA that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, camping, nature trips, and fishing and is accessible from March until October.

This is a gentle hike for kids and adults. Very low elevation gain with fun bridges, chipmunks, butterflies and water to observe. The hike is less than 5 miles and is a loop with no side trails to cut across as you follow the river so bring plenty of water and good walking shoes.

Easy trail, more of a nature walk, good for all ages & experiences. Late in the season when snow starts appearing in higher elevations, this is a good choice for those ill equipped for the snow or those who just need to get out on the trail for a bit to recharge. Little elevation and nice scenery, as well as its location, just 20 minutes from Leavenworth, make this trail highly desirable in mid to late fall.

Awesome for a late afternoon hike! Took maybe two hours! Beautiful scenery!

Beautiful hike! Mossy trees, ferns, view of the creek from high and at level, with a fantastic view on a bridge where you can feel the mist. A must do if you are in the area!!!

Gorgeous scenery and nice loop for running. Would do again!

Relaxing and very well maintained! There are multiple points on the trail to park and start the loop. River was low, but the views of the surrounding mountains were great.

Very nice 4.5 mile hike. Rained most of the time we were on the trail but reasonable protection under the tree cover. Good exercise on a fairly level trail.

Great trail- well maintained. Easy trail, perfect for families.

Pretty walk, for anyone. I would do it again!

Easy 4.5 mile loop hike, on well maintained trail. Numerous bridges across Icicle Creek and feeders. Really enjoyed shade on hot day.

Nice trail and worth doing. Please note that as of Aug 2016, AllTrails's info on the trailhead location is wrong for this hike. I tried to check in at the trailhead and it said I was too far from the trailhead! Anyway, use google maps for guidance to Icicle Gorge Trailhead. Should get you there fine. I hope AllTrails updates this hike entry soon.

I like this hike. This was my second time and I did it with a 5 year old granddaughter. She did very well and only asked me once if I would carry her.

Easy trail...can have a lot of people during the summer. Please keep your dogs leashed.

Directions take you to icicle creek trail not icicle gorge. Use google to find proper trail head.

Nice hike. Very easy.

I hiked this with my cousins as part of a family reunion activity. It was suitable for everyone - it wasn't too steep and it had awesome views. It does require a pass, but not the discovery pass. Shaded for the majority of the trail by trees.

We loved this nice flat trail after a week of more intense hikes throughout the Cascades. I am a sucker for bridges and this trail had a few. It follows the river and is beautiful. We saw a mountain lion on the road on the way up to the trail head!