Panther Creek Trail to NF2400 and NF 68

Panther Creek Trail to NF2400 and NF 68 is a 3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Carson, WA that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The trail begins flat for 0.15 miles until you hit Panther Creek, a well built foot bridge is available to cross the river (be aware the bridge is slippery when wet). For the next two miles there is a moderate ascent of 1330 up to the summit of the trial. The trial levels off for the last 0.4 miles to the cross road of NF 2400. If you wish to continue on the Pacific Crest Trail, there is an elevation gain of 540 feet over 1.3 miles. The next cross road is NF-68, which is the start of Huckleberry Trail (Part of the PCT that heads towards Big Huckleberry Mountain (4209ft)).

Sorry the trail is a little hard to fined from the main road in after you turn off it you will go by a camp site to the horse staging area that's what the signe says its for any way go back to the camp site and there are 3 trails going to or rom it we took the more defined one and slightly Niger one after about a minute of walking we came to the Panther creek trail with a choice to go north or south we went south and thats were my other review starts I think

It's a really beautiful forest had a great hike with the family but we came across a cougar that had its den really close to the trail and we woke it up in the middle of the afternoon about 3:30pm

I'm not sure if this is the right trail I'm thinking of, I know the one I went on was called Huckleberry Mountain trail and it was around 12 miles, (maybe I got my figures wrong). Anyway, VERY difficult the first mile because it is a CLIMB. But indeed beautiful sceneries of mountains and forests. We only saw two other hike groups the whole time we were hiking (we took about 8 hours, we didn't complete the whole trail).