Hole-in-the-Wall Trail

Hole-in-the-Wall Trail is a 3.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Forks, WA that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is accessible from January until January.

beach

From Rialto Beach: 1.5 mile hike to arch and tidepools at Hole-in-the-Wall. One of the best beaches in Washington per Frommers is Rialto Beach. Just north of LaPush, Rialto Beach is at southern end of a 29-mile long stretch of wilderness beach. Mora Rd. runs to parking lot just above Rialto Beach and is a good starting point for hikes. From huge sun bleached logs to tidepools teaming with starfish, to haystack rocks, to huge rounded pebbles along the route to the Hole-in-the-Wall, this stroll is awesome! Most people walk 1 mile up beach to Hole in Wall during low tide, (1.5 miles north of parking lot) which is huge monolith that waves have bored tunnel thru. Don't miss 2nd and 3rd beaches south of La Push too - great photo ops.

Nice hike.

Very enjoyable, plenty of tide pools & photo ops. If you only have time for a few beaches I would put this on your list, it had everything you expect to see, I never find it too easy walking on sand, unless you can stay on the sand down by the waves

So amazing! Started in the fog but cleared to sun. The low tide allowed us to go through the hole in wall with the kids. Easy hike for kids but loose sand and rocks were irritating to walk on at times.

Lots of wildlife out today. Saw a pair of deer walking down the beach, a golden eagle, a family of bald eagles, cormorants, gulls, crabs, etc. Fantastic rock formations!

geocaching

Great hike! Be sure to look up the low tide times if you want to do the keyhole! (Within 2 hours and you should be fine.

We hiked to this in May! I love it! Be sure to get there at low tide so you can get to the other side through the hole in the rock! This is my favorite beach.

This "hike" is more of a stroll on the beach, and one that you wish would never end. I wish that it went on and on forever. So beautiful and magical in the early morning with all of the fog/mist. We managed to beat the crowds-if there ever is any. Later in the afternoon the fog burned off and were met with bight blue skies. This is definitely kid friendly as it is all flat. You get it all, beach combing, scrambling on huge drift wood/trees washed ashore, a rope swing at Ellen Creek, and tide pools at the end. Loved it.

this was one of the most awesome short easy trails I can recommend. It was very scenic. I hiked through the "hole" in the wall as the tide was coming in, so the water was rising fast and I didn't have as much time as i had wanted to explore all the cool tidal pools in that area. i would recommend knowing when low tide before hiking.

Beautiful run on the beach. The hole in the wall itself is not that great but makes for a nice destination. Note you may consider the tides as low tide makes for a more eventful visit.

Nice walk on the beach, wouldn't recommend going barefoot though. The tide does sneak up on you so make sure you are familiar with the tide charts. We saw lots of starfish, which was great considering they are losing so many to disease lately. Be especially aware of the tides going through the arch. We went through, stayed about 15 minutes and came back to find our path almost completely gone. It doesn't look like the level rises very much or very fast, but when your only path back is on rocks that are now underwater it gets a little scary. This is totally worth doing if you come prepared.

hole in the wall- this caught my eye one day looking at a map, as something odd. ive seen modern day photos of waves coming in through rock formations, is this what people refer to as hole in the wall? what was told to me by Washington state history museum as I was put on hold, was one entry, by I cant remember who , it is a cave only visible at low tide and it is said to be home to sea animals.

Awesome!! Awesome!!

Really nice beach and very beautiful. The only thing I had issues with was the groups of campers who didn't expose of their waste properly, so you could smell it walking down the beach in some cases. Once we got to the end we had missed the low tide so we couldn't actually walk through the hole. Overall it was a relaxing walk with the wife but I tend to stick with the more vertically challenging walks

One of my absolute favorite places in the world! Be sure to go at low tide and don't stay too late in the day. It's a long walk in the dark with the tide coming back in (scary too). If you go at low tide on a decent day, you won't be diasppointed. You can walk around on "Hole in the Wall" with tide pools all around, it's simply amazing! I've been a few times and I'll continue to go ... it could never get old!

One of the best beaches in Washington per Frommers is Rialto Beach. Just north of LaPush, Rialto Beach is at southern end of a 29-mile long stretch of wilderness beach. Mora Rd. runs to parking lot just above Rialto Beach and is a good starting point for hikes. From huge sun bleached logs to tidepools teaming with starfish, to haystack rocks, to huge rounded pebbles along the route to the Hole-in-the-Wall, this stroll is awesome! Most people walk 1 mile up beach to Hole in Wall during low tide, (1.5 miles north of parking lot) which is huge monolith that waves have bored tunnel thru. Don't miss 2nd and 3rd beaches south of La Push too - great photo ops. On our stroll, we met a sealion sunning himself on the beach. Posted some pics.