Heybrook Lookout Trail

Heybrook Lookout Trail is a 1.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Index, Washington that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

From Everett, E on US 2 to mile marker 37. The trailhead is on the North side of US 2 near mile marker 37, opposite a big national forest entrance sign

Loves this hike. Has a strong elevation with mostly nice steps or wide path but there are rocky areas. The lookout has great views and nice for kids and pets.

Love this hike, it's very easy the elevation is gradual the whole way. I have osteoarthritis in my knees and had no problems going up or coming back down but I do use trekking poles which does help tremendously on the way back down any hike I do. My friends and came up here to watch the sunset, the sky was clear and the sunset was beautiful. It did get dark very fast after that and had to use our headlamps the last half of the trail. It was still very easy to navigate.

A short hike with a very nice view. This is a lot of fun but could be troublesome for those with bad kness.

I encountered a black bear near the peak of this hike at 7am this morning. Always remember who lives in the wilderness & use safety precautions.

it was a challenging hike for our younger children and a few points of concern for safety, but it was worth it. it is definitely not a beginners hike, the almost 1,000 ft of elevation climb in such a short distance was rough.

This is a perfect hike to take your family on or any new beginners! Gorgeous view on a sunny day and very fun hangout spot on the very top.

Easy hike with lovely views especially early morning when the sun comes up over the mountain views. There was no one on the trail except my husband and our yorkie. Trail was in good condition, not too muddy.

Hike was good. Was not expecting a straight up shot all the way. Fun tho. View was nice but better if it wasn't so cloudy out.

It was fun. It is farely steep so it was semi physically challenging. Short but sweet. The views were awesome! This was my annual mother day hike with my kids. 2015 Wallace falls, 2014 Mt. Index.

Short and moderately easy. The view from the lookout is why this hike deserves 5 stars.

My 8yo daughter made it without too much problem. The good thing is it's short because it's a pretty good elevation gain.