Heather Lake Trail

Heather Lake Trail is a 4.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Granite Falls, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, birding, and snowshoeing and is best used from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

old growth

From Granite Falls, E (left) for 12 miles on Mountain Loop Highway, Right on Pilchuck Road for 1.5 miles to trailhead

My friends and I did this and it was pretty fun. I'm out of shape and so is my friend so we had some difficulty cause it goes up. like more than you would think. we also didn't think about snow so we got cold and wet pretty quick. but it was so worth it. very pretty. I would do it again maybe in the summer when there's less snow.

great hike. we did this one in mid November and there was snow, but it was still passable. 6 year old did great too. beautiful lake.

Trails are icy and snow covered about halfway in. We made it to the lake though not bad at all, just lots of slippery spots

Pretty hike. Not very challenging. We used microspikes which helped a lot. We were able to walk across the lake!

Great winter hike! Mountains are beautiful at the top. Did it with normal hiking boots and slipped a couple times but nbd. Even after a light snow the trail was easy to find and follow.

Amazing trail from beginning to end. Lots to look at and the winter snow really made it a cool hike to trek. Definitely need shoe chains though as there is a lot of ice. Looking forward to coming back in the summer to see how it changes.

Just finished this hike and it is my favorite so far. If you go on a day that it snows make sure you have snow tires or at least spikes because you won't make it up the last turn towards the trailhead. Me and my hiking partner just parked at the bottom and hiked and extra half mile. As long as you have the proper gear this hike will be AMAZING with snow. Incline gets a little tough here and there but definitely doable. Be careful of falling trees right now as well, my partner almost was hit by one.

INCREDIBLE little hike. The snow was gorgeous!

amazing 1st hike in washington. The mountains surrounding the lake had snow on them which was so beautiful!

First off, I have to say this hike is NOT 1.9 (trailhead sign) or 4.3 miles (All Trails app.) Say more like 6 miles roundtrip!! Definitely a great work out, with mostly incline to the lake (elevation 1,250 feet). The whole trail is pretty much rocks and roots. Very wet and muddy, thank goodness for good footwear. Not sure who rated this moderate? I'd say moderate with lots of challenges? Bigger Dog friendly, although my Schnuazer made it, he had struggles and I had to carry him across creek/ waterfalls throughout the trail. Nice parking area with outhouse building. Once we reached the lake it was absolutely breath taking views. All in all, a great hike.

Hiked this on Sunday and it was fantastic! The trail wasn't to busy and we were able to truly enjoy our hike. The lake water was a super pretty blue. My dogs also enjoyed the hike:)

Muddy and slippery after the rain. Found out that my hiking shoes were not 100% waterproof the hard way. Hike is a lot easier than expected. Beautiful views all throughout.