Guillemot Cove Trail

Guillemot Cove Trail is a 1.6 mile out and back trail located near Seabeck, WA that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible year-round.

well maintained for the most part. watch out for thorny bushes at the start. single file and a bit challenging with a 1 year old in a back carry, but doable. Beautiful pay off at the water! Steep climb on the way back. I'd put this at moderate difficulty. Though the cove is great, wear shoes for trail hiking.

Fun short trail. Watch out for stinging nettle at the beginning of the trail!

Really fun hike with my family. We saw deer, slugs and birds. There are different trails to explore. The kids loved playing in the stump house and walking the beach.

Great for kids 3+ age preferred. Good terrain enough to feel like a hike but easy for children. Multiple ways down to the beach and back. On a nice day it is very pretty forest feel. My advice to go during low tide so must look up tide time where you can walk into the beach area during low tide. No bathrooms. Insects and small forest snakes and slugs are present within forest but nothing to worry. Overall, my family really enjoyed this hike...hope you experience it yourself and like it as well...

really pretty trail

Great hike for younger kids, 3-8 years had no problem. Views are beautiful, and loved that for kids it was not too difficult using access road to hike back up.

Nice trail. Also has a road that leads down you can take if you have a stroller.

Nice short walk through forest and water front.

Simple but vast, moss covered trees were magnificent. Cloudy and wet day so I couldn't see the Olympics but enjoyed the stump house.

It was a nice experience. We went to the stump house which is part of this hike.

We ended up walking down the access road to the cove, but then took a route through the forest on the way back up. Beautiful winter hike, and sure to be even more stunning in the summer!

one of my favorite hikes in the area. the tree house is amazingly cool.

This hike is one of the better ones I have been on around kitsap. The hike down is steep, watch your footfalls, but once you get out to the clearing, it's even more beautiful! My husband and I stopped by the stump house, then walked up a smaller marked trail, and then back out to see the actual cove. It's currently in debate to creat a campsite on the cove (via a sign posted by the abandoned house). The beach was beautiful, we hit it at low tide so the wetlands weren't too bad and the creek was pretty low. It's also april now and the sun has been baking the trails pretty nicely. We had a nice little picnic and enjoyed the clear skies, and the beautiful Olympics behind. We went back up the same steep route which was somewhat harder (but I would say a moderate skill level)for me, I haven't had a good hike in a year but my husband is in good shape so he had no problem. All in all I think everyone should hike it if you're looking to spend only a couple hours, and enjoy the sights and relaxing atmosphere.

This is a lovely area. No matter which way you go into the cove, it's downhill, which means hiking out is completely uphill. But even though I am not in tip top physical shape, I found it manageable. The trail through the forest is eroding in some locations and I expect to become more difficult to travel through the winter. The valley of the cove is largely wetlands, so wear some water proof shoes. The views are lovely. It's a very peaceful location.

The Sawmill trail to Margaret trail was fairly steep going down. You can tell how all the recent rain has impacted the trail as there was heavy erosion. I expect that they'll need to re-dig the trail in the next few years. At one point, a very large tree has fallen across the trail and trying to clamber over it can be tricky. Margaret trail ends right where one of the abandoned houses is. You can go inside but be careful as some of the floor has already disintegrated to the elements. I imagine it won't be too much longer in the future before the whole place collapses. The abandoned mattress inside do make for a somewhat creepy touch. Once you get to the clearing it is VERY muddy. Highly recommend waterproof shoes. I was quite relieved that I had worn my knee-high wellies. If you head left from the kiosk you'll find a bridge (not the one directly ahead) that should get your across the clearing to the other side. From there, go left to the stump house (it literally is a house in a stump) or go right to the abandoned beach house and the cove itself. It was absolutely lovely and quiet, even if super wet and muddy. We returned to the parking area via the access road which is surrounded by gorgeous forest on either side. It's a hidden gem for sure.