Guemes Mountain

Guemes Mountain is a 2.6 mile out and back trail located near Anacortes, WA that offers scenic views. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking.

It is more than just the hike but the overall adventure of getting there. I took the short ferry ride to Guemes Island and stopped in at Anderson's General Store where I reserved a bike to ride to the trail. It is a lovely bike ride along quite roads. The hike itself is no too long and fairly easy, although it did get my heart rate up The trail is beautifully maintained and you walk mostly under tall trees with peek a boo water views. Once to the top the view is beautiful. You look out over islands of the San Juans. It's a must do if you are in the area.

Great day hike ! Enjoy a short ferry ride and bring your lunch. The trail is in great condition. Fun hike with great views of the San Jaun Islands.

Nice, Well Maintained trail, With a couple of breathtaking views at the summit. Good cardio as well if you keep your pace steady. Community walking sticks at the base which is pretty quaint. Saw three groups today, but only in passing. Uncrowded. I would call this a beginner trail.

This 2.3 mile out-and-back hike is a great way to spend an hour on the island. The views at the top are stunning and, if you like hiking, you will not regret making this journey. You might be saying that 500 feet of elevation gain is not much but it is only over the course of 1.15 miles and it's the highest point of the island so you both get an okay workout and the best view around.

We showed up around 11 am on a Saturday and had no issues parking. We ran into two groups coming down while we hiked up and saw one group at the top when we arrived. On our way down we didn't run into anyone else.

The only reason this hike gets a 4/5 is because if you stop walking you will be attacked by swarms of bugs. Taking a break along the way is not a good idea so if that child whines I recommend picking them up because they'll be whining louder when the bugs show up!

Turned out to be a beautiful afternoon and perfect for hiking. I was surprised to find many people on the trail today. The wildflowers are starting to bloom. At the top, the view of the other islands in the San Juans is absolutely spectacular. It does appear that work is being done to build another trail on the opposite side.