Greider Lakes Trail

Greider Lakes Trail is a 9.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Granite Falls, WA that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and birding and is accessible from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

9.4 miles 1988 feet Out & Back

From Everett, E on US 2 to Sultan. N at sign 'Sultan Basin Recreation Area' for about 14 miles. Take middle fork at a three way junction for 7 miles to trailhead

The climb up through the rainforest can be challenging, but remember to stop and look up occasionally! Ancient evergreens punch through verdant carpets of huckleberries, ferns and other ground cover. The lake at the top is well worth the climb. When I went my friends and I had the trail entirely to ourselves. The only other souls we saw were chipmunks, squirrels, a dipper and a screech owl.

Beautiful hike! The scenic views along the way are amazing.

beautiful day for a hike.

This was a great trail. You walk a good way on mostly flat grounds with small divots for current or old streams. We did have to maneuver our way around rocks over the creeks to continue the trail, that was fun! Once you pass the 1981 bridge you start you trail. Good hike with a moderate feel in a couple areas but that doesn't last long. Some large trees were blocking the path (fallen and hadn't been moved) and my boyfriend used his axe to cut through, didn't know he happened to be quite the lumberjack. We started at 10:30am and came back down at around 3pm and we spent a good 30-40mins for lunch up at the big lake. It's worth it to hike the extra 0.5 to see the larger reservoir. Great hike and loved being able to see beautiful lake spada along the trail.

Great hike, lots of switchback... Too many to count! The mileage posted for this hike fails to mention the bonus 3 mile hike to get to the TH, easily making it an extra 5.5-6 miles RT. If you are a alpine angler, it's enjoyed there be golden trout in them waters.

I am surprised, but selfishly pleased, that this trail is not busier! The first piece from the parking lot to the actual trailhead for the lakes is a relatively easy hike along a gravel pathway that dips in and out of small (at this time of year!) creek beds. You will pass Bear Creek day area that has a small picnic spot, portapotty, and a nice lookout over Spada Lake. Further up the trail is where you find well marked signs for Boulder Creek TH to the left and the Greider TH to the right.

From here the trail turns quite lovely. There is obviously a lot of care put into this trail; you will find plenty of switchbacks, stairs, and even log cutouts to help you along a very well established path. The forest is very pretty and varies with mosses, ferns, colorful mushrooms, fungi, and bright specks of flora. It is also a moderate to slightly challenging hike up, depending on whether you are day hiking or backpacking up overnight gear, so overall it's hardly boring.

When you see a signpost showing Mile 1, that is the distance remaining to get to Little Greider, and when you finally reach a boardwalk you know you are there. There are half a dozen nice campsites along Little Greider, then a small bridge crossing over a fast moving creek will take you over to Big Greider which is only a half mile further up. While the basin view of Big Greider is quite beautiful, the campsites are definitely better at Little Greider, and so was the berry picking. The nearby creek is also a great water supply, since it is somewhat weedy and shallow along the edge of the lake.

I basically had the place to myself other than one other overnighter who showed up late afternoon, which surprised me considering it was a long weekend. The weather was much better the next day so I met quite a few day hikers on the way up while I was headed back down.

I never did find the Vista trail mentioned at the TH, but suspect it is the overgrown trail to the right just before crossing the bridge to Big Greider.

Lots of berries, bushwhacking & bears can best describe this hike. Plenty of ripe wild raspberries, blue berries and loganberries to be had by all, including the bear populace. This is the most remote hike I've been on in a long while. 10+ miles on a gravel service road & another 2+ miles of walking just to get to the trailhead. Very overgrown trail, although, Big Greider Lake was beautiful, blue & rugged. I also found myself thankful that my grandson is fearless & I was able to remain cool, calm and" semi" collected should I find myself in close proximity of a bear again. This was definitely a hard working, excitement filled hike.