Greenwater Lakes Trail

Greenwater Lakes Trail is a 4.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Greenwater, WA that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, birding, and horses and is accessible from March until December. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

From Seattle, east on I-90, south on I-405 and then south on Highway 169 to Enumclaw. In Enumclaw, S on Highway 410. 18.8 miles past mile marker 26 turn Left on FSR 70 for 9.7 miles. Right on FSR 7033 for 0.2 miles to trailhead.

17 minutes ago

17 minutes ago

Great Hike! Bridge was a little questionable but we made it across with no issues.

Easy hike appropriate for the whole family! The bridge shown in the cover pic for this hike was closed on our hike today (7/17/16) but was still crossable, just a little tilted. Beautiful lakes that are crystal clear and blue. Head past the lakes to Echo Lake for a more difficult hike (lots of elevation gain).

bridge being out was a bummer! enjoyed the area though!

Loved the hike! Kids Friendly! Lots of bridges which was fun! Even the broken one!

so it was a muddy, wet hike. We knew it was going to be that way though. It was scenic and the first lake is very nice. the peeks you get off the river on the way up is great too. the neat log bridge was slightly askew and closed from storm damage. we decided to cross it anyways. I had to carry my puppy across though. I think it was worth the danger. I am not sure why the directions to get there were a little off but easy enough to find, just stay on f.s. 70 and you will see signs. I would do it again if they fix the bridge.

Great! The path was nicely laid out. The bridges were a little dangerous but as long as you have your little ones close by they shouldn't have a problem on this trail. The views of the river and mini waterfalls were absolutely beautiful. Make sure you have printed directions to get here because there's no internet service so you can't rely on GPS.

The directions are off on the app, really you just take forest road 70 from 410 all the way up. Lots of signs at the top of the road. Great hike, awesome lake, highly recommend it.

It was super fun. But with all the trees down from the previous storm it is definitely not kid friendly. There was a bridge that was almost completely sideways. I can't wait to go back and finish the hike and explore some more. It is definitely difficult to find. It took us going back and asking one of the locals how to get there. Was a great day though.

super gorgeous up to the bridge but unfortunately it was too dangerous to cross with a dog and 7 year old because it was leaning to the side. I hope it's fixed soon so we can go back and finish the rest of the hike... there were also a couple downed trees along the way and felt like a fun little obstacle course

Easy trail with lots of shade and plenty of bridges with a rewarding lake with little beaches as a reward. Dog friendly. Beautiful in the fall with all the colors changing.

Very beautiful easy trail.

Parking can be a bit difficult on the weekends (especially when it's nice out) but I've had no trouble finding a spot mid-week.

Because it's heavily shaded, I recommend packing a sweatshirt! Definitely a great hike for beginners and very kid-friendly. Lots to see!

This was a very good trail for us inexperienced hikers and our 8 y/o son and 11 y/o daughter. We hiked on a very hot day, but remained comfortable because the trail as almost all shaded. We arrived at the trailhead around 1pm and the lot was full.

Great hike for kids nice and easy with lots of things to keep kids interested. Easy access to the lake to hang out and a couple of good camping sites.

Great trail just outside of Green water. Nice hike for kids. We do it 1-2x per year. Lake is always pretty & there are lots of little wooden walk ways & a few bridges.