Green Lake Trail

Green Lake Trail is a 9.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Buckley, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is best used from May until October.

9.5 miles 2011 feet Out & Back

beach

From Tacoma, east on Higway 410 to Buckley. Left on Highway 165 for 10.8 miles. Left at fork for 11.4 miles to trailhead on right.

Went a few weeks ago. The watetfall was still running beautiful. As we moved up in elevation their was a good 6 to 8" snow it was beautiful. The trail was a little sloppy and small 5 ft part of seems to be washed out. Passable, very narrow only a foot wide, note my foot is 3.5 inches wide. Wet tree roots make the path slick. Really like the path despite the challenges.

It was a nice chilly day for a hike. Didn't make it to the lake, turned around about 1/2 mile away. I didn't take my snow shoes and the snow was 2' deep. Ranger Falls was beautiful.

Completed this trail 9/30. Beautiful day with lots of gorgeous scenery throughout the whole hike. The beginning of the Green Lake trail was pretty steep but manageable with my 15 month daughter in a backpack. Loved all the little streams along the trail and all the big trees to walk under. You can hear the waterfall as you approach which gives you that extra boost to get going. Once you reach the lake I recommend walking out on the logs to look over to the left, as there was sections of trees with all the beautiful fall colored leaves. Wouldn't say that this trail was easy, more of a moderate trail. This is one of my new favorite trails and plan on coming back to watch the changes throughout the seasons.

I went here with my husband and it was so beautiful , it is pretty easy but make sure u wear the right shoes. I will be back

There is a 3 mile walk from the gate to the actual trail head. Do yourself a favor, grab a map out of the bulletin board area. You'll need it to swat at the bees that will attack you along those 3 miles. It is a long walk inside the forest. At almost the end of the 3 miles you come to the river and a little creek. It's really pretty. Then head UP UP UP the trail, lots of switch backs, tree trunks and roots to climb over. If you're out of shape, have fun lol, I had to sit on stumps a few times(a lot of times lol). Once you get to the waterfall though it is worth it. Very beautiful.
Don't miss out on the carving of the penis on one of the logs. Majestic lol!
We did not go on to the lake, turned around and went back. 8 miles was enough for us in one day.

This trail isn't "easy" it's more of a grind. We did it today and it measured out 11.4 miles. It was fairly quiet in the morning but as it moved into the afternoon it got busy.

The falls were beautiful and the lake was picturesque beauty.

This hike was amazing! I would say easy isn't an accurate rating, but very doable. Once you reach the actual trail head it's all up till you get to the falls and the lake. Well worth it. More like 10.5 miles and we did it in 4 hours of actual walking time. Will do again!!!

This was a great hike to do, it is long but easy. Getting to the lake was spectacular, the view was amazing and the lake was virtually untouched. The water was so clear you could see the bottom. The swimming is nice if you like freezing glacier water. Not many hikers on the day I went, literally had the view all to myself. Overall it is beautiful and quite peaceful.

It's about 10m. round trip but real easy on the old gravel road leading to trailhead. From their a good 2m. uphill and your there. A good half a day hike that offers a couple waterfalls along the way. Would love to come back and try fishing their sometime!

My kids and I rode our bikes in to the trailhead then hike up to the lake. It was a beautiful day and between the falls and the icy cold lake we were all in love with this ride and hike. Can't wait to do it again.

This is 11.6 miles round trip (to get to the lake) and basically all up hill once you hit the trail head. Super fun and absolutely gorgeous!

This was one of the first hikes I ever did in Washington state, back in March of 2014. I'm new to this site though, so I'm adding pics and reviews from old hikes.

This hike is definitely longer than stated. The road is closed, so you have a good 2 miles each way walking along a paved road before you even start gaining any elevation. We went very early in the season, so there was still some snow around the lake and some of the higher elevation areas. Really pretty views of Ranger Falls though, and you can sit on some large boulders near Green Lake to eat a picnic lunch.

Good hike, longer than stated. Think it was more like 8+ miles round trip, two+ miles hiking road that has been closed, then two miles up trail to waterfall and lake. The lake is beautiful... Lives up to its name! We spent time lounging on the logs and jumping into the lake. It was cold, but so refreshing as it was 90 degrees today. Most of the hike was in the shade under the old growth forest, a welcome treat. Hiked with our two kids, 14 and 10. They had no trouble. Would do it again.