Golden Gate Trail

Golden Gate Trail is a 3.9 mile loop trail located near Paradise Inn, WA and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from July until September.

Great morning hike. Kids can manage it too. Start off by going to Myrtle Falls and then continue up Golden Gate. Like other reviewers have mentioned you can stop at the bottom of the switch backs and enjoy the view before heading down.

Great day, 32 degrees and light snows itch occasional sun breaks. Broke trail up the lower part of the Golden Gate Trail in fresh snow.

The Golden Gate is a nice way to chop off a mile or so, off the standard full Skyline loop. Going to the base of the switchbacks and turning around is a nice morning sunrise hike: flowers, waterfalls, views of Rainier. . . Hard morning hike to beat! You can not see Mt Baker from Paradise. Opppps . . Arrive at Paradise no later than 9:00am on the weekends.

The Golden Gate trail contained a nice hike just a little ways from the Paradise Lodge, that had about 6 or 7 switchbacks, but most of the way it was a very easy hike. I got onto this trail after getting off of the Panorama Point/Skyline trail. I recccomend this trail to anyone who would like a moderate hike.

My husband and I hiked up Golden Gate Trail (1.6mi) then followed Skyline Trail to the right back to Paradise (2.5mi). We had to cross many snowfields, first big one was on Golden Gate just before the switchbacks then again couple times on Skyline Trail. The snowfield on Golden Gate was pretty flat, but some of the snowfields on Skyline were steep; I would recommend hiking boots and trekking pole(s).

Weather wise, we were comfortable wearing shorts, t-shirt, hat and hiking boots.

During our hike we saw 4 marmots, 2 chipmunks, a black tail deer and in the distance a black bear.

Next time I'd like to hike up the left side of Skyline Trail then come down Golden gate Trail.

Went with a friend and 17 year old daughter at 9:30 am on a Saturday. Definitely get there early as the lower parking lot was almost full when we arrived and when we finished around 1:00 pm it was a complete zoo.

We combined the Myrtle Falls, Golden Gate, and right half of the Skyline Loop and had wonderful views of Mt Baker and Mt St Helen's and the wild flowers are amazing. About 30% of the trail was still covered in snow and in about four spots we actually opted to slide down hillsides on our bottoms along the Skyline descent which was a blast!

Recommend starting with golden gate trail versus the skyline as some of the snow slopes on skyline are extremely steep and much easier going down then up. Good hiking boots is a must and while trekking poles would be nice aren't necessary. Sunscreen and plenty of water are also recommended!

I did this trail as part of my hike to the upper Skyline Trail. Pretty strenuous, but well worth the effort. Wildflowers, waterfalls, marmots, views of the mountain, and snow made up this trail. Views were amazing and even though I got a little winded at first, it was a great hike! Take alot of stops (breaks) to enjoy the view!

One of the many trails connecting the Paradise Lodge with the Skyline trail. As with all the trails in this area the views are spectacular however one of the things that set this trail apart is the likelihood of seeing a mountain goat munching on the vegetation along side the trail