Goat Creek Trail

Goat Creek Trail is a 10.4 mile out and back trail located near Morton, WA and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from May until November.

Went up this weekend. it is not closed. not at all. there was plenty of people there. and no gates were closed or locked. I don't recommend anything with low ground clearance getting to the trail head. driving was a little rough. not 4x4 only just rough. the trail it's self was way worth it. I'm coming back and doing more. I love this place.

As of August 27, 2016- Road closed at the start of Conley Rd. due to extreme fire hazard. No access to the trail to do this hike

This hike was fun, really awesome waterfalls along the way. The drive was a little sketchy on the way up in a 2013 Ford Fusion, it scraped the skid plates a couple times :(. only did about 4 miles of the hike this day because we got a very late start. The hike we intended to do had the road washed out, we just happen to stumble upon this one after some locals tell us about it. Still was awesome and fun. Easy hike, even for kids!

My mite and I went last week end and it was a beautiful experience. Must do trip I will be going back for sure

off road driving

Access to Goat Creek is closed by the Port Blakely Tree Farm Company due to extreme fire hazard. Will likely be closed the rest of the Summer.

Very pretty waterfalls and an easy trail. Getting to the trailhead can be a small challenge when there is two-way traffic.

I love this trail and have been asked continually,"Where is that trail with the blue water you're jumping into!? Oh and the one with the really pretty waterfall!?" Well, they are one in the same; however, the pool of water can be SEEN from the trail but to get down to it might take some doing through devils club and down a slippery slope. I've done this trail several times and am still in love! The waterfall is best in the spring and early summer.

I tried to go up there today but there were trees blocking the road. So just a heads up.

I hiked this with my 74 year old dad, 7 year old daughter, and 13 year old son. While some parts were challenging there were hardly any times when we really needed a break other than when my daughter and I scrambled up underneath Cathedral Falls. This hike is pretty much perfect. The ups and downs are not extreme nor constant in either direction. There are a couple of treacherous water crossings so waterproof boots are recommended. That said, two of us had sneakers and were fine. We turned around at the falls because the trail looked fairly difficult after that but it was still just about 5 miles roundtrip. Lots of foliage to look at, old growth forest, and just general Western Washington beauty. Oh, and there was a cave! It wasn't deep at all but we stood inside. Very cool.