Glacier Lake Trail

Glacier Lake Trail is a 3.9 mile out and back trail located near Randle, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and horses and is accessible from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

From Randle, east 12 miles on Highway 12 to Forest Service Road 21. Turn right and drive 5 miles to Forest Service Road 2110. Turn left and drive 0.5 mile to the trailhead on the right.

As others have stated, 3 miles in and 3 miles out. You almost start to question if you took the right path as you figure you should have been there by now. The lake is the payoff but it's not a lake you can sit with your feet in the water by the beach. It's very muddy, lots of stickers and bugs by the water. Nice camp spot hidden in the trees for those who wana stay the night. Bring OFF. Parking could be an issue.

This was rated as an easy hike. I felt it was for sure moderate. I also must have read the description wrong as I thought it was 3.2 miles total. But as I re read it did say 3.2 in and back. We did have to go over and under couple trees over the trail but no big deal. Lost the trail at the boulders so we went over and through them, however there was a path to the left, we just missed it. Will do it again.

This trail is true to the ol' saying, "Up hill both ways..."

Great work out and the trip in ended with 3 Brook trout worth keeping. Used an all orange Wedding Ring on a Spinning Reel.

Short. Elevation gain is moderate. The last couple hundred feet, the trail become scarce. Parking is limited at the trailhead.

Washouts on the spur road off of NF-21 add a half mile to the hike before you get to the trail head. Trail was clear, not overgrown, well used, always easy to find, but not exactly an easy hike. Lots of views of the raging creek, and the lake at the end is a nice payoff. Would be awesome to be able to hike around the lake, but the terrain is steep and rough. Good early season hike, I don't recall any mud on trail, although everything was soaking wet. From NF-21 the only sign pointing to the trail is seen when coming down the hill, so the spur road is easy to miss.

many trees over the trail and washouts making hiking difficult. Nice lake and views with good fishing. Group of college age people with 8balls and shotguns partying at the trail end making my experience uncomfortable and sketchy. If not for that would have been great.

The trail is all but impassable for those without rope teams. I am Packwood search and rescue and would honestly arrest myself if I had to rescue me along this trail; ignoring all the warning signs! Finally making it to the lake...it is filled with something dark, sinister if you will. My advice? Find somewhere else to go!

As of July 2010, the trail was nearly impassable and from the looks of it, will not be fixed anytime soon. There are many, many trees down across trail and landslides as well. The Fish in the lake are well worth the trip as it is plum-full of Brook Trout.