Fragrance Lake Trail

Fragrance Lake Trail is a 4.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Bellingham, WA that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Excellent trail just outside of Bellingham and across from Larrabee State Park.

Nice Hike nothing spectacular . It is an easy trail, good for little ones.

I thought this trail and lake were a serious gem! Easy to follow paths but significant gain in elevation for the relatively short distance (be prepared to huff a little). Lookout excursion well worth it. Can't wait to swim next summer when it's warmer.

Good for a quick hike. The lake is beautiful.

Not a bad hike if you want something a little more challenging but not too difficult. Nice view point on the way up to the lake. Pretty lake however there are lots of bugs. If you take the back trail/let lake trail down, it's a nice change of scenery with a view of a waterfall.

Let me preface this review by saying that I really had no idea what I was getting myself into when I headed up this trail today.

A friend said, "Oh yeah! Fragrance Lake is great. Piece of cake!" Well, what I actually learned was that when following the Fragrance Lake Trail, be prepared to climb, climb, climb, and climb. Oh, and then you'll need to climb some more. I'll admit that I'm a beginner, but this trail just seemed to go onward and upward forever. Up, up, up. Gallons of perspiration, a couple liters of my blood, and my shattered ego will forever stain the floor of that forest trail.

It is undeniable that Fragrance Lake is beautiful at the top, and on the way back down we stopped at the lookout - which was absolutely stunning. An overall great experience, and I'll type more once I'm out of the hospital for the muscle cramping and dehydration I suffered during this trek. "Piece of cake"? Well... not quite.

love the scenery and it wasnt difficult by any means.

Nice trail. A lot of switchbacks going up through beautiful scenery. Fabulous view overlooking the sound about 1/3 of the way up. The lake is a great place to have a picnic before hiking down.

Good hike. We went up on the Lost Lake trail road out of the parking area south of the entrance to Larrabee St Park. We crossed over to the Fragrance Lake trail at the 2 mile point and hiked into and around the lake. Trail around the lake is in good condition. There were a few folks wading, but no swimmers today. We hiked out on the Fragrance Lake trail to the junction of the Interurban and back to the parking area, about .3 of a mile. The easier route out would have been to take the Lost Lake trail road back to the parking area.

Hiked this trail on Mother's Day with my daughter. It was a good hike that provided some really pretty scenery. Fragrance Lake was pretty and we were really impressed with the tall rock wall as we hiked around the lake.

Good uphill workout for a novice!

The trail is nice and mostly up hill. I wish it was marked a bit better I made a wrong turn and did the dead end and has to come back down and back up to Fragrance lake. But all in all it was good Lots of peeps