Fourth of July Creek Trail to Icicle Ridge

Fourth of July Creek Trail to Icicle Ridge is a 10 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Leavenworth, WA that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

From milepost 99 on US 2, on the western edge of Leavenworth, follow the paved Icicle Creek Road (Forest Road 76) for 9.4 miles to the trailhead, located on your right (elev. 2300 ft).

My dog and I went last Wed, it was a hot August day. I was planning on all the way up but it got really hot and doggy and I were dying :( We made it up to the very first part of the meadow area, the views were amazing! :) The BEST part of the trail was the switchbacks over the waterfall, my pup could get in there and lay down and drink and I splash myself to cool down. The worst part was the giant bee hive in the middle of the trail toward the top, I saw it before hand so just ran as fast as I could and jumped with dog doing the same. Although the bees were swarming we got over it twice with no stings! :) Also there were signs about seeing rattlers on the trail and in some spots the trail was so thick I could barely see my feet or the sides of the trail, so if there was a snake I would have been in trouble. That creeped me out but just ran through those parts as fast as possible! All and all it was an AMAZING day and we did not see 1 other person which is what we enjoy the most and I captured some great pics! :) Happy Trails to you all!

Fantastic hike. Nothing technical, but enough climb and narrow passages to keep you on your toes. Also had two minor creek crossings. Amazing views from the top.

We went on October 12th 2015. Climbed up 3.0 miles decided to head back because it seemed unclear how far the trail may go. Was under the impression it was 5.3 miles round trip and we were not prepared to hike both ways. Was moderate the first couple miles - creeks were very low but had some great views. No noticeable wildlife but a grouse and a chipmunk we saw on our travels up. Weather was perfect and for the most part had exposure to daylight. Definitely would hike this trail again. We logged 6 miles round trip back to the vehicle. Will be coming back to repeat and conquer this adventure!!

We were on icicle road trying to get to a different hike, which was closed. 4th of July was open and clearly marked at the trailhead. This hike was very steep and there was snow several miles up (this was in March 2015). The snow/ice made it too dangerous and we decided to head down. The views were great in some spots along the trail and it was fairly well maintained

Spectacular views from the top, numerous wildflowers, and not particularly busy. This was a great early season hike.