Explorer Falls Trail

Explorer Falls Trail is a 2.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Snohomish, WA that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Little confusing on directions on how to get to the Falls. So here are accurate directions. The driving directions are good. So just follow Monroe camp rd all the way to the end. Park. Walk behind the gate that says closed to all motorized vehicles. Follow the trail. You'll come to a fork and you'll go to the right.( if you go left you'll have to climb over old railroad track and rail road ties. Wrong way) after going right a little ways down you'll see a blue sign in the tree that says Explorer Falls and to the left of it you'll see a big pile on trees follow the trail behind the pile of trees you'll go down a little more and turn left at the hill and fallen trees. You'll go down a big ravine and follow the road you'll go behind another gate that has shot gun holes in it. You'll start to hear a stream. When it gets really loud you'll look to the right and there will be a dirt trail to the bottom of the Falls. Follow the stream up a little ways and you'll be at the bottom of the waterfalls.

I packed in my 1 year old and brought my 5 year old. Perfect hike for kids. The road is a gravel road till the very last trail to the stream. It is kind of boring but the walk isn't too bad. And the waterfalls is worth it. Took about 2 hours with kids. Hope this helps.

Hike was okay. Easy for sure! Water level was low, so not much of a waterfall to see

Tough to find but did it with all the comments leading our way. Did it with a 7,6,4 & 2 year olds. Not the funnest or prettiest hike but good way to get outside!

Short trail, good for beginners. There aren't many signs telling where to go, so look out for markings on and pink tags tied to the trees.

Finding the trailhead was pretty easy, through Google Maps. However, a lot of confusion as to "Are we heading in the right direction?" There were no signs posted saying Explore Falls. Just a gate with a road closed sign. Luckily, I was able to navigate through comments from other people on the website who have taken this trail. There are some tagged areas with neon tape, as well as trees marked. We followed the road until we came to a fork with a road closed sign. If you look to your left you will see a pile of trees which you cross that leads you back to another road trail. Stay on that trail until you hear the roaring of water. On the right side you'll see a rugged trail opening that you follow to the waterfall. (It is not marked, just listen for the falls or you'll walk past the opening).Once we came to the stream/river, we decided to cross the water again and hike up to the peak where the top of the waterfall is. The trail is challenging & definatly a work out. After we hiked to the top, we then hike down to the base of the falls & enjoyed the cool mist of the falls and water hole. Very Enjoyable

More of a road than a trail. The last maybe quarter mile is a trail off the road up to the falls. The falls are pretty cool, but the hike on the road part was meh. Lots of bear sign. The've been clearly eating the berries along the road.

Hard to find, but nice trail! Very secluded, no one else was in the area. 8 year old enjoyed the walk.

Sorry about the birthday photo. I have no idea what I did.

Great easy hike. However the giant mound/log jamb to climb up and over was slick, especially going down into and across the riverbed. It being our first time out there... I can see how it easily could make people doubt they were headed the right direction, give up and turn back. We didn't. What looks like overgrown brush on the other side of the deep river bed is actually concealing another logging road and gate. Continue up the road maybe 1/4 -1/2 a mile. Keep your ears open for the falls. We actually walked right past the tiny unmarked trail on the right side of the road, but turned around and looked again to see what the sound was we were hearing. Yeah. It was THE FALLS. glad we didn't keep hiking! Through the brush you'll find a couple camp sites along the creek. Walk across the rocks to the other side, and hike up creek. It's worth it! I posted pics to try to show where to go.

This was awesome! we made the mistake of taking the first left which doesn't lead anywhere, continue down until you see a giant log jam, there is orange spray paint saying waterfall. the trail is down about a half mile on your right (you'll hear the fall) cross the stream, you might get wet if your bad at rock hoping and stick to the left, you can go all the way to the base of it. if you go to the top of the fall it is alot of work for little reward, wasn't much to see up there.

anyone see the little cave to the right of the falls? looks like an animal den and i saw some claw marks near by. i didnt have the guts to go in

I haven't been able to locate this hike. I have tried four times and seem to have failed and would love to go on this hike. Can someone give me better idea as to where this is please? Thanks

Super easy hike. Kid and dog friendly. I was out here a few weeks ago. Over the first mound of dirt where there is a creek running through you have no choice but to get your feet wet if you want to continue on. In the summer it's dried up. You'll will know your close to the second creek crossing as you can hear the falls. The trail is easy to pass up. On the left there is a marker tied on a tree about 10' up. I did tie a pink neon marker on a bush where you enter. Hopefully no one has removed it. The incline starts after crossing the creek there. When your first starting out just watch for the signs pointing you in the right direction. Where the road (Y's) off in 2 places along the road stay left.