Esmeralda Basin Trail

Esmeralda Basin Trail is a 6.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Cle Elum, WA that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from July until October. Horses are also able to use this trail.

My friend and I got talking and missed the trailhead for Lake Ingalls

With a full pack and a six year old I would say this trail is difficult. We crossed 26 water with rocks, the rocky trail, and all the switchbacks to the top definitely a difficult trek. I really wish we had a tent because it would have been an overnighter! Awesome day! Lunch on top and dinner in Cle Elum.

Went to Esmeralda on July 29th. It was a beautiful day. I would have preferred it just a bit cooler, but that's just me. The hike is moderate, not too strenuous. But if you're coming from Seattle, it's definitely an all day trip.

There were still tons of wildflowers. Open meadows just full of them. Saw a few hummingbirds too. The views at the top were amazing! There was still a small amount of snow up there. LOTS of bugs, but my bug spray seemed to do its job for the most part.