Eightmile Lake Trail

Eightmile Lake Trail is a 8.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Leavenworth, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

Directions from Leavenworth: Follow direction to Bridge Creek Campground. At Bridge Creek turn south onto Forest Service Road 7601 and follow for approximately 2.5 miles to the Eightmile trailhead.

I hiked here a few weeks ago. There was a decent amount of snow, but it was easy running on it with my yak trax. It was my first hike in the enchantments and it was so beautiful. It looked like Narnia. Can't wait to come back and check out other trails.

Thankfully got an early start 8/13/16, because it gets HOT. Keeping it real, this isn't the easiest hike for beginners BUT it's doable with breaks and worth it. I haven't hiked in awhile so my favorite parts were reaching the top and then of course the bottom;) The views are incredible -- pack a light picnic to enjoy before heading back down (+ a fly swatter). Beware of super dusty and rocky trail (watch footing on descend). NOTE: the 2-3 mile gravel road up/down to the trailhead is AWFUL on your car.

No dogs allowed on this trail! The gravel road to the trailhead needs to be graded so it's best to tackle it with a high clearance vehicle.

Nice day hike that included a sweet, chilly swim.

fly fishing

A nice day hike, a bit cloudy today

Fun easy hike. Beautiful all the way up. Steepest climb out of trailhead then a nice steady ascent all the way to lake. Had a one snd a half year old on my back and a five months pregnant wife. We all enjoyed ourselves.

Beautiful hike...fairly easy. We took our kids and they did great.

A great day hike!

It was fairly easy the trail is well kept and it's pretty straight up.

Beautiful day! Lots of wild flowers and views. Busy weekend in town and a heavily used trail.
Started at 1100-stopped to record and take a picture of many flowers and views. . Ground squirrels, deer, variety of birds. Arrived at eight Mile lake at 100. Sat on rocks for lunch. Ate with the mosquitoes. Left at 230, return to parking lot at 415.

Cold

The trail starts off steep, but the reward is beautiful. The hike fairly easy mild uphill after the start. The views, wildlife and scenery are just the best. I couldn't get over the beauty of the lake. I just wanted to stay for hours.

Forest Service Road 7601 is closed during the winter months so you cannot reach the trailhead by car. You can hike the 3.16 miles (1.25 hours) from the road closed sign to the trailhead and get some amazing views along the way. It was quite strenuous hiking through the snow so I recommend snowshoes or skis. Once at the trailhead, notice the the beautiful Eightmile Creek nearby. Because it was a tough hike getting to the trailhead, we decided to hike back down to the parking lot. We saw some cross country skiers on our descent. We'll be sure to come back in the spring/summer and try the Eightmile Lake Trail.