Ed's Trail

Ed's Trail is a 1.4 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Washougal, WA and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from July until October.

1.4 miles 761 feet Point to Point

Directions from Yacolt: Travel southeast on NE Railroad Avenue for 2.4 miles to NE Sunset Falls Road. Follow NE Sunset Falls Road to the forest boundary. At the boundary, pick up Forest Route 41. Take 41 south to Forest Route 4109. Route 4109 ends at the trailhead.

marvelous and definitely my favorite trail to Silver Star Mountain summit

Love this place. Amazing views. Lots to see and great spots for break or lunch. Summit is freaking awesome! Will be back lots more.

love this trail

Amazing views!

We Hiked in mid July, The Road that takes you up to Ed'strail is very very bad , you need a jeep and motor bike or a all terains 4 weels drive.. Crevasses and hols are every where.. I almost turned around a few times.. But we made it. I arrived at the trail hade with 4 teenagers. the hike is moderate.. I was the only one breathing hard walking up. the weather was amazing, not too cold not to warm.. Flowers where in bloom in the all valley, it was splendid. It felt like we where walking in a Garden or a giant bouquet. The view on the montain summit was absolutly breath taking all around.. Among the top10 best views i have seen in my life.. and i am a world traveler.. the scary drive up was well payed off. I will be back.

If you don't care for heights, this is not a hike for you. Be prepared to climb a few rocks. The views are breathtaking. Ed's trail is a nice route on your way to Silver Star. Go early and plan to relax, have lunch and soak in the view. We were even blessed with the pleasure of a Mountain Goat.This is my second time and it will not be the last!

Liked this trail better than Silver Star. I went up Ed's and then back down Silver Star and Ed's trail wins. Like the rock archway and climbing on rocks. Great trail.

If you don't have issues with narrow trails along steep mountain sides, then you need to hike Ed's Trail at least one way to or from the North TH to Silver Star. The views of Mt. St. Hellens, Mt. Rainier, Mt. Adams and Mt. Hood are amazing. After you pass through the arch (headed South) get ready for some minor climbing. My 10 y/o daughter did it just fine, but it is a bit challenging. The views along Ed's are far superior to that of the regular trail along the West slope. I have gone up twice now, both times went from TH to summit via Ed's Trail, then back along the main trail. Makes for an easy stroll back to the truck.

Definitely the best way to do Silverstar. The rock formations and geology are truly wonderful.

During the winter it's the best, and very easy . Love it, probably the best way to get to Silver Star Mountain . Gods creation is absolutely amazing!