Ebey's Landing Trail

Ebey's Landing Trail is a 3.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Coupeville, WA that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round.

gorgeous hike with amazing views

wonderfull.arrived at noon,very foggy but beatiful.when back the fog went out

This should be easy hike for most anyone. The grade / climb is not difficult and the length makes it very convenient. The views of the sound are great from this trail which runs along the bluff above Ebey's Landing. My GPS said the distance was closer to 3.8 miles (and a bit) than the 3.5 miles advertised. We hiked this trail on a pretty warm day and our dog was a little uncomfortable on the hot sand which covers most of the trail for its entire length. The trail has some spots with steep drops (careful please) and does get narrow (single file only) going down the switchbacks towards the beach.

Pro: the trail is very easy, good for dogs on leash, and it is peaceful. Cons: a lot of dog poop. Please, people, pick up after your dogs! In addition, there's one part of the trail that is very close to a cliff -about a 100-foot drop. If you have children, please be very careful. Overall, it was the easiest hike I've ever done in my life.

It was a great hike, definitely great work-out in some areas. The view is amazing all around, I took my kids who are 6 & 7 & my 7 month old Labrador. Water on this hike is definitely needed for both kids and animals. We saw amazing view of the American Eagle sitting in the tree. Great spots for photos if your in to that stuff. Watch your step and stay on trail. My son encountered a snake as we walked by, normal nothing to be alarmed. On a beautiful day I definitely recommend!!!! We would do it again.

Great evening hike. Windy but amazing views. Next time would walk back up the bluff

Beautiful hike! The views of the sound and the Olympics are amazing.

The loop is very nice on a decent day. A few steep parts but for the average hiker this will seem like a cakewalk. I recommend getting out there and seeing the view from the ridge at least once!

It was a very beautiful evening to hike along the Ebey's Bluff. We started at 4:30 pm and the clouds were very bold and dramatic. The wildflowers are just starting to bloom. Probably another 4 to 6 weeks before the hillside is in bloom with the purple peas. A very enjoyable and relaxing hike, listening to the crashing waves and soaking up the stunning views!

Beautiful trail. A wonderful view and easy day hike.

Amazing views! Very much worth the beginning up-hill hike. Nice walk on the beach on the way back.

Lots and lots of up hill but oh so worth the climb. Fantastic views and so much to see. brought my old-lady dog and she loved it (the up-hill was a bit hard on the old girl)

Really wish I had brought my running shoes or the airlines weren't so stingy. Absolutely fabulous trail. So nice I went barefoot until descending to the beach where I put my flip flops back on. The last 25 feet or so going down was like "skiing" down scree on a 14k'er. Super fun. Amazing views. Good workout but can be casually trekked as well. Nice people. Pay the $10 in parking and support the National Service!

very unexpected, wasn't sure if I was on the trail or not after I made my way down a very steep part. but overall I had a wonderful time, and I will be back again! beautiful view and I loved hiking the bluffs!

As a lifelong resident of Ebey's Reserve I am thrilled to see the five star rating if the Bluff hike. I agree, it is the best. I noticed Tamara suggesting carving your initials on the clay bluff. Please don't, that greatly affects erosion which we do everything possible to curb, including planting heritage plants. Thanks for visiting Ebey's Landing National Historical Reserve.

The family enjoyed this trail. Nice climb, good views, beach combing. Note: at the halfway point when you need to descend to the sea level, the official route is very steep. Too steep for some in our party. However, if you continue just a bit further, there is a gentler descent with more switchbacks. Wish we had known....