East Bank Trail

East Bank Trail is a 34.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Marblemount, WA that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from June until October.

Directions from Ross Dam: Travel eastward on Highway 20 4 miles to the Eastbank Trailhead. Park your car at this trailhead and shuttle back to Ross Dam if you are using a water taxi to make a southward hike on the trail.

You can arrange to have a water taxi pick you up at the north end of the trail and take you back near the trail head if you don't want to do the roundtrip. My wife and I hiked 32 miles out over 3 days then used the taxi for a quick return. Very isolated. Beautiful views with flat terrain.

This is rated difficult only because of the length I'm sure. It's a very flat hike. One section is carved right out of the side of the cliff and is right over the lake--just beautiful. I wanted to do Desolation Peak as well, but got rained out. For the story and pics go to http://kellbell-whywouldanyonereadthis.blogspot.com/2013/06/east-bank-trail-ross-lake-part-one.html

I didn't expect snow record season of 2011 would prevent us to do any summit hike. East bank trail was the best option to avoid any snow. The view was amazing. On any vista point you get to see full snow capped mountains across the lake. The only problem I had is the high traffic of motor boat. It was really annoying to hear the noise.

Loved this hike!!! We hiked from the east bank trail head up to lightning creek. The views were absolutely amazing and camping on the beach in seclusion was exactly what my heart craved. We saw lots of wild life and the further up the trail we got, we saw less and less people to where it was just us. Everyone must try this hike! :)