Discovery Trail

Discovery Trail is a 7.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Long Beach, WA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and road biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

This is a beautiful walk or bike ride with views of Cape Disappointment, the Long Beach Peninsula and the Pacific Ocean. The main trail is a very well maintained bike path that does get some pedestrian use. Interesting landmarks along the way including Clark's tree and a grey whale skeleton.

Longboard friendly!

Beautiful ride! NICE pathway. Great scenic views of the beach!

Beautiful trail perhaps a bit monotonous. Really well maintained cement trail. You can see the beach only as you get closer to ilwaca.

Loved it!!

It was the best bike path I've ever ridden and it was more fun riding back becuz it was all downhill.

The Northend trail head is located on 26th just off of Pacific Hwy. just follow the Doscovery Trail sign then the Monument Tree sign. Sort of misleading since it's right beside an apartment complex. The trail is very well maintained! No tree roots, dog or horse manure when we were there. We even sighted a lone deer then later a mama deer with her 2 baby fawns. This trail does connect over to Cape Disappointment State Park. I brought my mountain bike for this trip but will definitely come back with my road bike!!

Makes me wish I had a bike!

This trail offers well maintained trails, easy access to the beach, and mostly paved trail. The trail was also very easy with little steep inclines. At the trail head there was a bridged area that you can walk on, that could have been at once a pond, but now it contains a lot of deer, and possibly coyote pawprints. I would reccommend this trail to anyone looking for an easy, but accessible, and achieving hike.

I ride this trail on a regular basis now that I moved to Long Beach. Love the ride to Beards Hollow. The ride is flat and the views are supreme, especially Beards Hollow. I posted Picture so you can see for yourself. For longer rides you can ride on to Discovery park and visit the light houses and continue out to Illwaco at the port for nice views of the Columbia. I moved here because of these rides.

This is a great bike ride with stunning views of Cape Disappointment, the Long Beach Peninsula and Cape Disappointment. The path is very well maintained.