Dirty Harry's Peak

Dirty Harry's Peak is a 6.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near North Bend, WA that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Park in the lower lot if the gate is closed. Up the road, over the bridge, 1/4mile is the trailhead on the right. Bring waterproof boots, the trail itself is very wet with water running down much of the trail. Several small streams need to be crossed but there are plenty of rocks for steps. The trail is wide and open in winter.

Difficult and steady incline throughout the hike but the view at the top is 100% worth it. Muddy at parts. Saw only one other person on the way down.

This trail is actually 8.6 miles from trailhead to peak with an extra .6 each way road walking as you cannot park by the trailhead. Such a variety of things on the trail, cool run off water at a couple points in the trail you walk through. No snow. Where there was water there were bugs but not a ton of mosquitos. It was pretty steep the whole way but so worth it with the views in the end. They were working on new trails up there so keep to the left unless you want to run into workers and muddy conditions.

Challenging muddy rocky trail ... Tones of fun ,snow last 3/4 of the trail ...

Great trail, but glad I used my GPS. The trailhead is about half a mile from the parking lot. I loved the old plank bridge. The trail is very rocky and in many places doubles as a stream bed. One stream crossing was a little difficult. I inadvertently took a side trail by the rock field around mile three. There was still snow for about the last half mile, but fairly easy to hike without spikes. I didn't encounter anyone until I was almost done. I liked this hike, not as difficult as Teneriffe or Mailbox, but fun and challenging.

This is a nice hike and the over look at the Balcony is a great view. The trail condition is harsh. once you get past the turn off at Cairn Tree for the Balcony it improves greatly but before that the trail condition is bad. It makes the hike a lot harder than it is. i recommend you take the Birdhouse trail up (stop at birdhouse's over look, it's actually better than the Balcony) and follow that trail to the Balcony trail and go from there.

Trail is a tough climb but fun. There was snow for the last half mile. Even though it's not a super long hike it is physically challenging. View is worth it.

Tons of rocks on the trail, gets tiresome. Hiked with a mixed group and the side trip to the lookout on the way up is worth it. Started to snow, decided to turn back due to poor wx report.

Early Feb - very wet, you hit snow 1.5 m in. One fork in the trail might throw people off. To the right (going up) there are foot steps. It's a false trail. To the left is the actual trail. Moderately technical when wet, 2.5ish+ miles up you hit where the trail becomes a heavy stream when it's been raining. Bring poles and proper footwear.

Hiked Dirty Harry's Peak today with a group of 6 people. All different ranges of hiking levels within the group. We made it up and down within 6 hours, taking a pretty long break at the top to enjoy the view. important things to note: water proof shoes is important when hiking this trail due to water streams and snow at the top. We virtually didn't see another group for almost the entire ascent and then a few more groups on the descent. I wouldn't rank this hike moderate due to high difficult the last .6 miles are within the steep incline. Overall I would recommend it to hikers with a few hikes under their belt first.

Hiked this trail on a sunny Sunday; started off with dense new growth and a washed out trail with plenty of rocks. I passed Dirty Harry's old bridge which is almost non usable. Hiked up to Harry's balcony marked by an old milk can and continued on to the summit by turning left at the intersection. As I continued on, I crossed the season-long river that crosses the trail. Here they say you can find Harry's museum marked by a cable that runs into the overgrowth. I was unable to locate Harry's truck with all the overgrowth. Made it to the top in 2 hrs where I ran into one other group for the remainder of the day. Not much of a view to the south but you get a nice look at granite lake, the valley and if its clear enough mt baker. Made it back down in a total of 4 hrs. Definitely a smoker as you approach the summit.

Hiked this trail yesterday with a hiking partner. We also were the only ones on the trail and it was awesome! We attempted to go up beyond the balcony and up to the peak. We made it halfway up, about 3000 or 3200 feet and then hit the rock boulders and we weren't sure where to go from there. There was little snow on the ground and it was a beautiful sunny day so the views along the way of the surrounding mountains was beautiful! We plan to do this hike again but with a good GPS and map so we can find our way up to the actual peak. Even in the summer time, it's necessary to wear water resistant or water proof shoes. Most of the hike is walking up streams and up muddy terrain.

Went up this today, fair bit of snow, no yaktracks required but would recommend a pole at least. Overall it was a nice trail, wide and clear of brush. The trail has lots of water on it so make sure you have waterproof boots. The trail also has lots of 4-6" rocks on it making it not so much fun. Not a soul on the trail except me and my hiking partner. The weather held out and nothing but a dusting of snow at the top. I cant speak to views as we hiked into a cloud.