Deception Pass to Lighthouse Point

Deception Pass to Lighthouse Point is a 2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Anacortes, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from August until December. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

beach

From Seattle, north on I-5 to Mount Vernon. Take Highway 20 west for 18 miles towards Oak Harbor. Entrances to the park are well signed and are located on both sides of the high bridge along Highway 20.

Interesting experience today to say the least. We arrived at the trailhead around 4:15 pm thinking we'd have time to hike this quick 2 mile trail. Headed up the trail as the sun set was hitting the horizon, such a beautiful sight to see. For some odd reason my GPS wasn't locating the trail on may downloaded map? It was taking us on side trails till we ended up getting lost in the brush trying to make our way off the peak. End result being the park ranger waiting for us until we returned to our car. All in all, beautiful trail, well maintained, easy to moderate at times. Discovery Pass needed. Restrooms and big parking area.

It's super pretty and isn't too difficult for you or your pet there's all sorts of paths you can take to complete the hike my husband and I had a great time and I'm pretty sure my dog did too

Nice loop hike with constant views of the water. Suitable for kids that behave. Be prepared for lots of fellow hikers.

Nice easy hike around the point. There are several trails that shoot off from the main trail but it is easy enough to navigate as you can always see the water. A previous review indicated it was not a loop. This is incorrect, the walk is in fact a loop.

Lottie's loop w the kids. Awesome beach spots for picnics!

I recently moved to oak harbor and this bridge caught my eye. There is so many trails down it, it's unbelievable. There's a couple trails you can take kids down by the beach. To get down there your able to start from the oak harbor entrance going down on the left side or there's a rode right before entering the bridge from the same side. WARNING you will need an adventure pass (30/year or 10/day). There is some free days like holidays that are free to everyone!

Your trail map needs to be updated. It is beautiful but it is not a loop! The trail drops down a cliff, so we back tracked and cut through middle of point on trail. This trail has some significant drop offs so not recommended for young kids.

Amazing place with outstanding views. Was able to spot a seal at the bottom of a cliff hanging out in the water.