Dash Point State Trail

Dash Point State Trail is a 5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Federal Way, WA that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Always an amazing day to bring the pups for a trail run!

Great day hike on well maintained trails. There are several trail options (many quite short) but almost all crossroads are clearly marked with the trail names. Accurate trail maps with "you are here" indicators are dispersed throughout the main trails. Take a picture of the trail map at the trailhead for reference when in doubt. Some areas could potentially be quite muddy during rainy seasons. No breath taking lookout views here, but several winding paths by creeks in a peaceful forest setting.

As a new hiker trying to get in shape I choose this "easy" trail. Let me tell you- it has a lot of incline and was not easy. I would rate it moderate. Also, the trails were not marked very well and there are a ton of options. Take a map or this app to stay on the requested trail.

Great easy hike

My only qualm with dash point is blind corners on some of the mountain bike trails. Hikers are hard to see when you're heading down a trail like log jam. Plenty of terrain for beginner to intermediate mountain biking. Lots of fun. I will be back frequently as I upgrade hardware on my bike.

Walked the Hoyt Trail from the parking lot on 47th Ave. It was a nice leisurely 1 mile walk with about 300 net elevation between top to bottom. Perfect warm up hike to do a couple of times before something more ambitious.

Amazing time with my daughter.

I love running jogging walking the "BMX" trails in prep for trail running events.I easily get 7 miles out of these off the main trails, paths.

We did this hike today with our 11 and 9 year old nephew and niece along with some friends. We weren't aware of the trails before today. It was a easy, well maintained trail and the kids loved it. There are plenty of options to take. We are looking forward to heading back out.

A fun and easy hike. it's very easy to get turned around but we did it! my 10 and 4 year Olds did awesome then we enjoyed some time at the beach!

My favorite local trails. I like to start at the Norpoint Way NE trailhead and wander from there. ❤

My son and I decided to do a local hike. Was great day for it and takes you right to the beach. Most of the trail is labeled really well. On the way back we tried the trail through the camp site and got lost. After pulling up this sight we got back on track. We joked and said we just got more steps in! Fun hike

The trails are great for both mountain biking and walking. Most of the tech trails for biking are up top. If you are not familiar with the trails, stop at the ranger's office and get a map. When you come to a trail intersection, look for marker signs 20 to 40 ft into the trail 20 ft up on a tree. Don't waste your money on a map from this website or others. The maps are not as good and the park's map. And make sure you get to the beach. It's beautiful. Enjoy!

It has every thing it has woods and beach took my daughter and my boyfriends mom and had a great time.

This is a great area for in the city hiking. The labyrinth of trails makes for lots of options. There is some elevation gain that keeps it interesting. The maps at the beach and picnic parking areas are not accurate, but once on the trails, there are great maps.