Crystal Mountain Trail

Crystal Mountain Trail is a 9.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Enumclaw, WA that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, horses, and mountain biking and is accessible from June until September. Horses are also able to use this trail.

cave

From Puyallup, east 47 miles on State Highway 410 to Crystal Mountain Road (Forest Service Road 7190). Turn left and drive 4.4 miles to Forest Service Road 7190-510. Turn right and drive 0.4 miles to Sand Flats camping area and the trailhead.

Great hike! I took the gondola up and hiked down. I am very glad I did! If I had hiked up it likely would have been too much for me. However, riding the gondola up, seeing the impressive view of Mt. Rainier, having lunch and then hiking down made for a perfect day. The trail down is narrow and sometimes confusing so make sure to have a map of the trail with you or download the Crystal Mtn ap. The terrain can be difficult as there are a lot of exposed tree roots and rocks on the trail. It is definitely a work out so make sure you have water and food along the trail. Definitely something to experience.

Went on a trail from behind the lodge to the gondolas and took those down. Make sure if you plan to hike up and ride down you get your tickets first-it was $10/person to ride down but at the end of the hike it was worth it. We ended up hiking 4.8 miles of the trail and went up 2,460ft

I love this spot, but dogs are not allowed, and this is actually two trails. Crystal peak and Crystal lake. we did the peak which was still snowy, but has amazing views.

My fiancé and I had an awesome time on this trail, we took my two dogs with us, let them play in the water as we went and they absolutely loved it. We had lunch at the top and then were able to ride the gondola back down with my dogs. The trail was nice, the lakes and forest was beautiful. Truly a hike to not miss if you are in the area.

My boyfriend and I started at Crystal Mountain Ski Resort base area and took the Silver Creek trail up to the Crystal Mountain Summit trail; the hike was pretty steep in places but the views were incredible! We stopped at Henskin Lake for a small lunch, and toured around Elizabeth Lake later up the trail. We encountered a few horseback riders and Disk Golf players as well as a few wildlife; marmot, elk, and birds! When we summited we ate dinner at the Summit House Restaurant then rode the Gondola back down. Very nice hike!

We have done this a couple ways. If you have all day do it right. Instead of taking the gondola up go up and go the long way. You won't be disappointed. My wife and I started hiking up bullion basin to the pct. when you finally reach the top of bullion basin you have a gorgeous view of Rainier, Adams, and Crystal. We then took the pct to bear gap. This part is awesome as you walk along ridge lines with amazing views. We then took the north trail and dropped down to heskin lake, had lunch, then started ascending again. When we reached the summit at the gondola we had hiked 9 miles and gained about 2500 ft in elevation. At the top have a cold drink and ride the gondola down for free.

Awesome hike! We took the gondola up and hiked down along ridges to Elizabeth Lake, onto Henskin Lake to Silver Creek Trail (steep for a mile) and back to the gondola. For a great workout, try going the opposite, uphill direction. Took us 4.5 hours including a lunch stop at Lake Elizabeth. Only saw a couple marmots and brook trout. Beautiful day in the Cascades.